Prep for 2015 Freedom Challenge / Race to Rhodes

Is dirt rider doing the equivalent of strava art? Adding his artistic flair to the red line that is the fc route....

Seems he is struggling with the navigation.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is dirt rider doing the equivalent of strava art? Adding his artistic flair to the red line that is the fc route....

Seems he is struggling with the navigation.

I'm not surprised. I met him quite a few years ago at an adventure race. He was lost. Not a map in sight. I had to help his team plot the checkpoints.

Stephen K told me that he doesn't use maps and that he leaves them in his backpack as he knows the way.  :D

I'm not surprised. I met him quite a few years ago at an adventure race. He was lost. Not a map in sight. I had to help his team plot the checkpoints.

Stephen K told me that he doesn't use maps and that he leaves them in his backpack as he knows the way:D

Thats funny  :clap:

I will be doing some race commentary and speculation right here. will probably look at the race for overall victory only - some dark horses,old vets and young bucks all in the mix. going to be exciting.

Missing John Loos' daily summaries ... looking forward to yours!!

Three sleeps for me..to go.. Dirt Rider is making new trackzzz...must go down in the annals

Waiting with baited breath to find out where Pierre and Stephen spent the night. They are not tracking at the moment. Did they make it to Ntsikeni????? This is making for fantastic viewing!!

Tough on Pierre if he slept out in the open again. There are quiet a lot of dwellings in that area, so maybe they found shelter.

Enjoy the adventure Dawdle :w00t:

(FYI where defending champ Graham Bird just took his Team Merrel Adv Addicts first over the finish line earlier this morning).

I will be doing some race commentary and speculation right here. will probably look at the race for overall victory only - some dark horses,old vets and young bucks all in the mix. going to be exciting.

Well done to Graham especially Don Simms !!!!

So What would you speculation victory list look like ?

Mine would be something like......

1. Tim James
  2. Carl Crous
  3. Andrew Barnes
  4. Jack Black  + Mike if he decide to race past Rhodes
  5. Ivor Jones
  6. Stuart Roos
  7. Gawie 
  8. Fjord Jordaan
  9. Gert Peens

If Carl and Tim chase each other and we trough Andrew in the mix, we might end up in a real race.......

Winning time = 9 Days +

Maybe you could shed some light on the visible Dark Horse and the not so visible dark Horses hiding under the view.....

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:

1. Tim James
  2. Carl Crous
  3. Andrew Barnes
  4. Jack Black  + Mike if he decide to race past Rhodes
  5. Ivor Jones
  6. Stuart Roos
  7. Gawie 
  8. Fjord Jordaan
  9. Gert Peens

Narrows the ribbon saga down...

@Dawdle Good luck for your race. If you don't mind, please tell us your real name so that we can track your progress and cheer you on.

Dirt-rider and Stephen K (aka The Beards) are straying a bit. Hopefully they can find the right path and stick to it in the dark on their way to Glen Edward.

post-1532-0-68673600-1434035534_thumb.jpg

Dirt-rider and Stephen K (aka The Beards) are straying a bit. Hopefully they can find the right path and stick to it in the dark on their way to Glen Edward.

That's been a popular line this year, with most heading that way today...

It seems to be 'above' the fence line which you ultimately need to cross before dropping to cross a stream and then back up... Can be a little hectic with lots of erosion to deal with.

with all this art work he is creating - how is he doing on time ?

He's done 2.5 days in 4 days, but if he can make the Rhodes cutoff (7 or 8 days, Im not sure), he will still be able to get to CT with time to spare.

Seems like(twitter) the other Beard (Stephen) is sick and they are plodding steadily.

with all this art work he is creating - how is he doing on time ?

Well... The people he left with are arriving in Vuvu today... He's about 1.5 days behind... But is still moving forward which is most important :)

Seems like the Gingerbeardman has a chest infection and knee issues. Must be VERY hard going together with the sleeping out the previous night. Tough people, those bearded men!! 

Archived