Prep for 2015 Freedom Challenge / Race to Rhodes

That's from his start point this morning... 

Yip. He did a little loop. Doesn't show too well on my screengrab but it is the bottom right-hand bit.

Don't think he has a tent but he's used to sleeping out.  I was his adventure racing team manager for one race. They camped out one night and woke up to find that their chosen "camp site" was the middle of a dirt road.  :oops:

He's tough and will survive. I'm sure that he will feel better today especially once some of today's riders catch up to him.

Gooooo Dirt-rider!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest notmyname

I'm really enjoying following this thread.

www.freedomchallenge.org.za

If you set it to "Map" and select "Terrain" you will be able to see the contour lines which gives a better indication as to what the gradient is like etc.

www.freedomchallenge.org.za

But I must warn you, if you need to get ANY work done in the next few weeks, dont look - its highly addictive!!

But I must warn you, if you need to get ANY work done in the next few weeks, dont look - its highly addictive!!

and coming onto this thread (actually this site)  to check is not addictive ?

Dirt-rider's reply to my Tweet about his bed not looking very comfy : "made a very comfy bed out of dried cow dung and wrap spaceblank over"

and coming onto this thread (actually this site)  to check is not addictive ?

Super addictive! But the more places to look the less work you do....thehub, freedom website, twitter, whatsapp and direct updates from my hubby. No work at all!!  

I see the Slummies boys (Gary, Andrew, Leon, Alex) are chugging along at a good pace. Jughead Dave unfortunately could not start, he's ill. I know him and Leon were looking forward to riding the R2R together.

I see the Slummies boys (Gary, Andrew, Leon, Alex) are chugging along at a good pace. Jughead Dave unfortunately could not start, he's ill. I know him and Leon were looking forward to riding the R2R together.

was wondering where he was. he put in some SERIOUS miles. Fjord is starting on monday. 

Archived