2015 S Works Epic

Johny Bravo

This post was attended for those how are interacted in the new 2015 Epic and or Specialized range. If you are a Specialized hater why even read the topic. Why not just read posts that appeal to you and you choice of bike brand.

I don't go to "Post your Santa Cruz" and tell everyone that it is overpriced and bad bike? Don't think it is right that every time something gets posted about Specialized all the haters must tell us would shitty bike it is.

So if you don't like Spez move on to the next post THE Hub offers lots for every one to enjoy

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have to think about an occasion something has won once vs something that wins on a almost daily basis..... Having said that I agree with CptArmpies about racing heritage not being based on CURRENT success, but at some point it must have been successful, otherwise it doesn't really have "heritage". Look at Lotus in F1 a few years back, massive "heritage", couldn't win jack..... Heritage doesn't necessarily mean its any good anymore.

Yeah. Indeed. Santa themselves are having enormous success in areas outside XCM & XCO - where their primary focus is. Enduro, Downhill and so on. Santa Cruz Syndicate in the DH circle absolutely KILLS it, and continually progresses and performs. Their support and sponsorship in those areas is huge. Not to mention that their history is pretty fantastic.

Guest Smimby

If "ever" they make the EPIC's in XXL - i will buy one !!!!!!! otherwise i will stick with my Stumpjumper !!!!

What Top tube length do you need? How tall are you?

This post was attended for those how are interacted in the new 2015 Epic and or Specialized range. If you are a Specialized hater why even read the topic. Why not just read posts that appeal to you and you choice of bike brand.

I don't go to "Post your Santa Cruz" and tell everyone that it is overpriced and bad bike? Don't think it is right that every time something gets posted about Specialized all the haters must tell us would shitty bike it is.

So if you don't like Spez move on to the next post THE Hub offers lots for every one to enjoy

Firstly, INtended. Not attended. I don't attend to have a great weekend, I INtend to.

Secondly - sounds like a bit of a victim mentality? They're making fun of my bike brand - boo hoo!

As far as I could see, Johnny posted a pic of the new 2015 Epic. To show us Hubbers, and presumably get our thoughts on the design, price point (an integral part of any bike that we may want to purchase) and drool factor. Nothing wrong with saying that I wouldn't buy one, and nothing wrong with you saying you would (or would you?)

If I deem it to be overpriced (based on a number of factors, such as comparable bikes in the same segment, personal taste, spec point, suspension design, whatever) who are you to say that I cannot voice my opinion?

This isn't a "Post your Specialized 2015 S Works Epic" thread - it's a thread dedicated to the 2015 S Works Epic. Upon which we are discussing our various viewpoints and opinions. Some bike bias is bound to come into it. Get over it, and move on. And if you can't handle someone telling you that your choice of bike brand is over-priced (in a certain segment - some of the other Spazzes are very well priced) then you need to grow a tougher skin, or take another spoonful of cement in the morning.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Secondly - sounds like a bit of a victim mentality? They're making fun of my bike brand - boo hoo!

To be honest, and not to aggravate the situation, the way you reacted when Santa was brought up echoes of the above statemtent. It Friday, lets all chillax and think about riding our bikes tomorrow. (I'm sure you will be having more fun on your Santa or Spez than those of us suffering at Jock :) ) Edited by Patchelicious

Guest Smimby

Firstly, INtended. Not attended. I don't attend to have a great weekend, I INtend to.

Snip

Chill out a little. Its Friday

Have we actually made a conclusion yet that R130 k for a bicycle whether you can afford 10 nor not is actually quite ludicrous ?

In the same way that R8m for a Ferrari is a bit high for a "car". If people are willing to pay, then the guys (all bikes) will charge that. R250k for a Steel SS? That's rough but I have seen it happens, that's premium purely for heritage not even tech. The models below the S-Works are more than good enough for most. DeRosa - R200k, PinoF8 R190k? The price of the bike is not really the issue here, its more the guys who spend R100k plus on a bike and then ride once a week. Then again, if they have the money to do that, let them, its their money...

Edited by Patchelicious

To be honest, and not to aggravate the situation, the way you reacted Santa was brought up echoes of the above statemtent. It Friday, lets all chillax and think about riding our bikes tomorrow. (I'm sure you will be having more fun on your Santa or Spez than those of us suffering at Jock :) )

LOL. I'm definitely not a victim. I don't even own a spaz. Although I wouldn't mind the Stumpy or Enduro...

I ride a Giant.

This one, to be exact... 600625_10153216099165133_1572658404_n.jpg

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

In the same way that R8m for a Ferrari is a bit high for a "car". If people are willing to pay, then guys (all bikes) will charge that. R250k for a Steel SS? That's rough but have seen it happens, that's premium purely for heritage not even tech. The models below the S-Works are more than good enough for most. DeRosa - R200k, PinoF8 R190k? The price of the bike is not really the issue here, its more the guys who spend R100k plus on a bike and then ride once a week. Then again, if they have the money to do that, let them, its their money...

That was never an issue.

Not to you, as those rich weekend ooms are the ones who pay your shops rent.

You have the wrong guy.

Those guys spend their money at the upmarket shops.

That was never an issue.

Yep. I have nothing against people spending money on bikes that they may or may not "have the skills" to ride or represent on the podium etc.

What I have an issue with is how overpriced the bikes generally are in the first place. Whether people buy them or not - not an issue.