[Event] Magoebaskloof MTB Classic

Steve101

Event Name: Magoebaskloof MTB Classic
When: 8 November 2014
Where: Stanford Lake College, Limpopo
Category: MTB

This tough and beautiful race, now in its 16th year, offers riders of all abilities the chance to ride some of the most scenic routes in the country. All proceeds go to local charities, so bring the whole family and enjoy a day getting sweaty and dirty for charity. Choose between a 20km, 40km, and the famous 80km route. There is also a 5km kiddies ride.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaaaaah........the special ONE.......again making a weekend of this one in a very special and lekker place. Haenertsburg hospitality and some nice socializing. Only one problem for now.......need a pair of climbing legs for the long haul........

Anyone with a spare set not being used?

It's on the same weekend as the 94.7....damn.Which one to choose.

94.7........????? What is that? Think I will stick to what I know......don't want to be tarred and oiled by my friends......

• 4 weeks later...

Great ride in a great place.

Steak egg and chips washed down with a beer afterwards in the pub in Haenertsburg

It's on the same weekend as the 94.7....damn.Which one to choose.

Yes difficult one to choose - congestion, overcrowding, bad tempers and a mad rush at the 94.7 or brilliant scenery, nice calm forested ride at Magoebaskloof. Going to be difficult to decide :)

94.7 is 16 Nov? Unless you're talking about 94.7 MTB race which is a total waste of time and money

@nickc and jcza.I have never entered any 94.7 race bfore and have read nothing nice abt the race on the forums and now with u guys telling me how crap it is.nickc, I think the Magoebaskloof is such a nice place and to do a MTB race there must be so awesome.I think I will enter and give the 94.7 a big skip.

@nickc and jcza.I have never entered any 94.7 race bfore and have read nothing nice abt the race on the forums and now with u guys telling me how crap it is.nickc, I think the Magoebaskloof is such a nice place and to do a MTB race there must be so awesome.I think I will enter and give the 94.7 a big skip.

You won't be sorry.......nice vibe, relaxed atmosphere, no oversized egos and depending on how hard you pedal, THE MOUNTAIN will treat you nicely. Good for the soul........and the sport.

Sounds like a lekker race with lekker people.Pity I cant do the 20km race with my 10 year old son.He needs to be 12 to enter.

Sounds like a lekker race with lekker people.Pity I cant do the 20km race with my 10 year old son.He needs to be 12 to enter.

Be thankful, there is a reason for it.........that 20km can easily equal in intensity some of the 40km distances done in Goetang........Magoebas is to be respected and enjoyed.

You won't be sorry.......nice vibe, relaxed atmosphere, no oversized egos and depending on how hard you pedal, THE MOUNTAIN will treat you nicely. Good for the soul........and the sport.

Do the race and take you son to watch, in that way he will have something to look forward to :) Have done both races multiple times and there is absolutely no comparison. Plus a nice weekend away !!

Archived