[Event] Magoebaskloof MTB Classic

Steve101

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BarHugger in what time are you looking at finishing the race?

Which race? It will be a ride.

Will be doing the 40km with a friend who last was on his bike with W2W 2013. He has Magoebas experience, know the route and requested that we take it rustig........we still want to be able to braai the evening as our other friend who stays there is doing the long one. He just might be a bit knackered. Will most probably be anything between 2:45 and 3:00. You want to join?

PS: Racing is the weekend before this event with Down and Dirty (70km).

Will be doing the 40km with a friend who last was on his bike with W2W 2013. He has Magoebas experience, know the route and requested that we take it rustig........we still want to be able to braai the evening as our other friend who stays there is doing the long one. He just might be a bit knackered. Will most probably be anything between 2:45 and 3:00. You want to join?

Thanks for the offer ,but I am looking at anything between 3:00 and 3:30.So I guess i'll see u at the start and that's it...:).

Thanks for the offer ,but I am looking at anything between 3:00 and 3:30.So I guess i'll see u at the start and that's it...:).

Hey......it is a ride and we have time to kill......erm waste. We might just join up with you. It is more about the experience, rather than ego.

Also doing the Down and Dirty the weekend before, plus am in Sun City for a conference leading up to Magoebaskloof and will take the bike, sore legs here we come.

So will be taking it easy on the 40km, also riding with friends who are doing it for the first time.

Also doing the Down and Dirty the weekend before, plus am in Sun City for a conference leading up to Magoebaskloof and will take the bike, sore legs here we come.

So will be taking it easy on the 40km, also riding with friends who are doing it for the first time.

........beers afterwards???

........beers afterwards???

Sounds like a good idea :).  Will keep an eye out for you in the 40km - what bike are you on?

I am riding a scruffy black Cannondale Flash 29er - wearing a plain orange top.

Sounds like a good idea :). Will keep an eye out for you in the 40km - what bike are you on?

I am riding a scruffy black Cannondale Flash 29er - wearing a plain orange top.

MOMSEN......don't know.what I will.wear but will fit perfectly into Buffalo Noob category. Will PM you race number.....will make it easier.

MOMSEN......don't know.what I will.wear but will fit perfectly into Buffalo Noob category. Will PM you race number.....will make it easier.

Cool - race is not that big that we should not be able to hook up - and any other hubbers in the 40km?

I am doing the 40km with a friend. Both our 1st times. Him with his new 29er full sus. And me with my new 29er hardtail.

Any advice from those who have done the 40km on a hardtail?

I am doing the 40km with a friend. Both our 1st times. Him with his new 29er full sus. And me with my new 29er hardtail.

Have done it on a Hardtail and doing it again this year on a Hardtail, no big deal. No different to Sabie or Forest to Falls or Barberton as far as choosing between a Hardtail or Softail.

Just go and enjoy the race.

Man up boys, the riding out there is world class, Steve has put in a lot of effort and you are in for good time. Stay out of the Iron Crown on Friday and you should be good. 

The climbing is all on decent roads and descents are fast and also on good terrain. Jules has done the marathon on his HT rigid SS so no excuse come Monday.

Super jealous.

You guys are being sissies...hehe (just kidding). I am doing this race on a budget hardtail,am not complaining....:)

Pretty sure the water points will be well-organised local community efforts, was like that a few years ago. Blaring music at one or two of them often not to my taste, but no worries, as long as its not opera I am not too fazed.

It's the FS Scalpel 650b for me on the marathon, CTD shock is great. Well worth opening it up for the down hills, still don't have a remote for it though.

Archived