Sani2C 2015 Entries

mtbgirlz

Sani2C entries open on Monday for those who have done the event previously.

We substituted this year for someone who wants his entry back for next year.

My understanding (any advice appreciated) is as follows:

- My partner enters with the original owner as partner

- I enter with ANO as partner and get put on a waiting list

I figure I should be given preference over general entries when they open? And then do partner substitutions?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sani2C entries open on Monday for those who have done the event previously.

We substituted this year for someone who wants his entry back for next year.

My understanding (any advice appreciated) is as follows:

- My partner enters with the original owner as partner

- I enter with ANO as partner and get put on a waiting list

I figure I should be given preference over general entries when they open? And then do partner substitutions?

Be careful about splitting the entry you guys need to enter as a team and get the original owner to enter with his partner on the waiting list and agree that if they do not get an entry you'll do the substitution. Last year my partner and I split our entry and found ourselves in no mans land with neither entry accepted. It took some negotiation to get it sorted out.

River rat why would it make difference that mtbgirlz and her partner enter and original owner with partner on waiting list vs original owner enters and mtbgirlz and partner on waiting list? Not trying to be funny just trying to understand as I am in similar boat.

River rat why would it make difference that mtbgirlz and her partner enter and original owner with partner on waiting list vs original owner enters and mtbgirlz and partner on waiting list? Not trying to be funny just trying to understand as I am in similar boat.

All I can tell you is what happened to us last year. My partner gave up his entry on similar conditions to mtbgirlz and rode with me in 2013. When the 2014 entries were submitted I took up our entry with someone else and he used his original entry with his original partner and when the dust settled neither of us had an entry because it was deemed that we split our entry. We had to explain to Judy what happened and she able to sort it out but as we understand it was because they were not full yet.

I am not an expert but I am guessing that the computer allocates one entry to you and your partner based on your 2014 team. So using your scenario mtbgirlz and her partner would have first option and the original owner would be on the waiting list. In fact I don't think the original owner would even be able entry on Monday as only 2014 riders can do so. My advice is to secure the entry you have first and give the waiting list a go. Chatting to the guys last year there were quite a number of 2013 riders that did not take up their entries so I believe you should get an entry, good luck.

I tend to agree with RR.

Organisers would see your entries as an unfair attempt to increase your chances to optain 4 spots, based on 2 2013 participants.

Perhaps contacting organisers on Monday and discussing the situation before you enter is the best approach

From Farmer Glens news letter:

Should a 2014 Team split – the rider who is last to enter will be placed on a Query List and if there are any spots available, will be notified after 31 July 2014.

From Farmer Glens news letter:

Should a 2014 Team split – the rider who is last to enter will be placed on a Query List and if there are any spots available, will be notified after 31 July 2014.

Hi Guys,

I need some advice (Struggling to get any replies from the Sani2c organisers).

I want to enter as a first time team of two for the TRAIL. Obviously the 2014 riders are given preference to enter today but when would the entry/waiting list open for first time entries - should there be cancellations from the above entry window? Just seems to be very vague on what to do and when to enter especially if you laying down R 11k to ride!!

PS. If anyone is willing to sell their entry for the TRAIL next year, please send me a PM or contact me on 08three29four6133

All these years and their systems still can't handle the entries..........

last year went down without a hitch for me.

Archived