Operation Greenbelt - The Spruit (114 arrests)

nonky

Newsletter from CSS this am RE Spruit operation:

OPERATION: GREENBELT

Joint task force deploy midnight operation

CSS COORDINATES 114 ARRESTS ALONG THE BRAAMFONTIEN SPRUIT: EMMARENTIA/CRAIGHALL/HURLINGHAM/BRYANFERN/FIELD & STUDY

CSS Tactical has noticed a significant increase in vagrants setting up camp in the Greenbelt areas. The majority of these vagrants are unemployed and loiter in the areas bordering the Braamfontein Spruit and as a result of this, there has been a noted increase in criminal activities in neighbouring areas including Emmarentia, Craighall, Hurlingham, Bryanfern, Field & Study. With this in mind, on the 17 July, CSS TACTICAL coordinated efforts in OPERATION: GREENBELT which saw the coming together of a key task force which included members of CSS, the SAPS (Parkview, Linden, Randburg, Sandton, Rosebank) CORTAC, JMPD, City Parks, Pikitup, Home Affairs, ADT and 24/7. The operation focussed on an after-hours systematic patrol of the Greenbelt, in search of criminal and suspicious activity. Operations began at 11pm and continued through until the early hours of Friday morning. The task at hand was to search camps and profile vagrants which resulted in 114 suspicious vagrants being detained. Other vagrants like woman, children or those with illness were also relocated to places of safety. The team also ensured that any litter was collected and correctly disposed of. CSS thanks all the partners involved in this successful mission, which shows the power of proactive private and public organisations when they join forces in the fight against crime!

Edited by nonky

So, is the Spruit save safe enough for a girl to ride all on her own?

Edited by Carpet

So, is the Spruit save safe enough for a girl to ride all on her own?

Carpet, unfortunately, that is not (yet) the case...most guys won't even ride the Spruit on their own.

Ag nee man Sheriff.

Not what I wanted to hear.

What will it take to drill it in ?

Nowhere is safe for a female to ride on her own.

i used to ride the spruit up and down a-all the way from the top, sometimes to Kyalami and back - on my own. then i lost confidence ( muggings etc ) would like to start again. being realistic ( i know nowere is 100% safe etc) but by and large if i ride on my own is that OK or will it be considered reckless?

Newsletter from CSS this am RE Spruit operation:

OPERATION: GREENBELT

Joint task force deploy midnight operation

CSS COORDINATES 114 ARRESTS ALONG THE BRAAMFONTIEN SPRUIT: EMMARENTIA/CRAIGHALL/HURLINGHAM/BRYANFERN/FIELD & STUDY

Did they get anybody wearing a red windbreaker shouting STRAVA ?

What will it take to drill it in ?

Nowhere is safe for a female to ride on her own.

Its already drilled into my stubborn head.

I was just asking. ;)

As you know my riding buddy is recovering from injury.

Let the oke with his .45 ride ahead of you as a type of reverse sweep if you will.....

Rumour has it he will be on his bike this weekend

Lets hope this is not just a rumour and that I will get to see the gulf niner in action.