Attacked on Helshoogte

Gerlach

Unfortunately crime stats in the greater Cape Town area has to be looked at. I know people in various areas and besides of what is reported on different forums, I figure that there is a huge increase in crime around the greater Cape Town.

For years I have been contemplating owning a firearm but havent just because of the small hassle to get a permit and the consequences should you shoot someone while protecting yourself!

The Law needs to change and drastic measures have to take place. The main focus being getting all these perps caught

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately crime stats in the greater Cape Town area has to be looked at. I know people in various areas and besides of what is reported on different forums, I figure that there is a huge increase in crime around the greater Cape Town.

For years I have been contemplating owning a firearm but havent just because of the small hassle to get a permit and the consequences should you shoot someone while protecting yourself!

The Law needs to change and drastic measures have to take place. The main focus being getting all these perps caught

Criminals are a law unto their own. I rather have a gun and not need it, than need a gun and not have it.

Protecting my family is NO.1 in my life. Have seen too many incidents where the situation could`ve been different if the victim had a gun to protect himself. You dont always have to shoot to kill(Don`t burn me for this). A firearm can be used to deter the criminals as well.

Regarding who must be on Carteblanche, I suggest the cyclists that have been mugged.

yo but we are living in some real f$&*@d up times. Who ever thought that the next set of bibs and jersey you bought would need to be Robocops? if licensed gun owners want to carry whilst riding, that is really their choice to do so, I personally do not own a firearm and have often thought of the pepper spary thing - but IMHO unless you are riding with it in your hand, i dont really see the point. if you a far away enough and able to spot a possible hijacking / mugging that is going to unfold - that distance should be enough to turn around and and head in the opposite direction. When something happens, it is so quick - look at the guy with the GoPro on his helmet, as he crossed over the rail tracks, that oke and his thieving friends came out of nowhere in seconds.

OT - but look at that poor 4yr old kid that was dragged to death whilst hanging out of the car for approx 8.5km - WTF!!!! The residents of Reiger Park (where the kids parents live) have verbally come out saying that they will take justice into their own hands as the cops are useless.

Something has to be done - Carte Blanche is an option, just hope that it carries a wider focus and not just one region of SA - so that all of the local municipalities can get off their lazy asses and do something about it.....

yo but we are living in some real f$&*@d up times. Who ever thought that the next set of bibs and jersey you bought would need to be Robocops? if licensed gun owners want to carry whilst riding, that is really their choice to do so, I personally do not own a firearm and have often thought of the pepper spary thing - but IMHO unless you are riding with it in your hand, i dont really see the point. if you a far away enough and able to spot a possible hijacking / mugging that is going to unfold - that distance should be enough to turn around and and head in the opposite direction. When something happens, it is so quick - look at the guy with the GoPro on his helmet, as he crossed over the rail tracks, that oke and his thieving friends came out of nowhere in seconds.

OT - but look at that poor 4yr old kid that was dragged to death whilst hanging out of the car for approx 8.5km - WTF!!!! The residents of Reiger Park (where the kids parents live) have verbally come out saying that they will take justice into their own hands as the cops are useless.

Something has to be done - Carte Blanche is an option, just hope that it carries a wider focus and not just one region of SA - so that all of the local municipalities can get off their lazy asses and do something about it.....

Mob justice works in the townships. Back in the early 90`s they sorted out the criminals in their ares very quickly. Neckless was the in thing and crime was limited to petty for a long time. An elderlyman once told me that a GOOD killing(neckless) of a criminal scared the rest into submission for a while.

Mob justice works in the townships. Back in the early 90`s they sorted out the criminals in their ares very quickly. Neckless was the in thing and crime was limited to petty for a long time. An elderlyman once told me that a GOOD killing(neckless) of a criminal scared the rest into submission for a while.

yeah I remember then days very well. Whats your avergae thiefs collar size? 175/65/14 - one warning on its way :ph34r:

there just seems like nothing will ever get done to remedy things in SA, example https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/141485-have-you-been-affected/

all this talk of hijackings and personal safety has made me so depressed.... I need to jump on my bike and hit the trails hard and fast to put a smile on my face... oh wait, cant do that, I may not make it back home alive..... :cursing:

Although I am all for Human Rights, violation of anothers' Human rights should be punished severely. I suggest we re-institute the Death Penalty. (I'm sure the Human Rights activists are going to crucify me for saying this but that's how I feel and I am entitled to have an opinion)

Although I am all for Human Rights, violation of anothers' Human rights should be punished severely. I suggest we re-institute the Death Penalty. (I'm sure the Human Rights activists are going to crucify me for saying this but that's how I feel and I am entitled to have an opinion)

I agree with you, as these guys dont think about your rights when they beat, rape murder etc so they MUST be dealt with in the same manner. Take Saudi for example, if you are caught stealing, then your hand gets cut off in public. Have a look at their crime stats and you will find almost nothing gets stolen etc

no incident is the same as any. the situation depicts what action and level of self defence is required. No I may not shoot him in the back but I am allowed to shoot him from getting away. on paper it may be the municipality and police job to ensure our safety , and on paper that's it.

? Edited by Blackbeard

i am not against the death penalty but the best argument i ever heard about it is simple

do you really want the death penalty back with the STATE having the final say,,,,,,,,,they do what the hell they want say you end up in their cross hairs for the wrong reason :eek:

i am not against the death penalty but the best argument i ever heard about it is simple

do you really want the death penalty back with the STATE having the final say,,,,,,,,,they do what the hell they want say you end up in their cross hairs for the wrong reason :eek:

and all I wanted to know was where to put my holster.....so glad I didn't ask whether to use hollow points or FMJ....

As it is, we DO have the death penalty - just not for criminals! Currently CRIMINALS seem to have the final say over which innocent farmer/4 year old/85 year old/cell phone owner/driver/women/home owner will be put to death! I think it was meant to work the OTHER way?! :cursing:

If you ride with a pistol, it will make cyclist bigger targets, because now they can steal a cellphone, R100 and a gun! The attacker has the surprise factor on his side. you will never have enough time to even take out your gun.The people buying stolen bikes should be caught

If you ride with a pistol, it will make cyclist bigger targets, because now they can steal a cellphone, R100 and a gun! The attacker has the surprise factor on his side. you will never have enough time to even take out your gun.The people buying stolen bikes should be caught shot, get mugged, bike jacked, stabbed, moered with a plank or killed.

These people buying stuff at bargain prices must surely know it's stolen, but they don't give a rats a$$ until one day, it happens to them....

If you ride with a pistol, it will make cyclist bigger targets, because now they can steal a cellphone, R100 and a gun! The attacker has the surprise factor on his side. you will never have enough time to even take out your gun.The people buying stolen bikes should be caught

Dont agree with you. If you ride alone it could happen. Most of us ride in groups of 4 or more. But thats m2c worth. We cant be bigger targets than what we already are. Expensive bikes, kit, cell phones and cash make their world go round. I will always have mine with me and Hope never to use it.

SAFETY IN NUMBERS, NEVER RIDE ALONE.

Dont agree with you. If you ride alone it could happen. Most of us ride in groups of 4 or more. But thats m2c worth. We cant be bigger targets than what we already are. Expensive bikes, kit, cell phones and cash make their world go round. I will always have mine with me and Hope never to use it.

SAFETY IN NUMBERS, NEVER RIDE ALONE.

Hey Blue One. I rode alone yesterday, my fellow club mates fined me R250..................so, I've gotta agree bud. (try) NEVER RIDE ALONE.......or *** 'n betaal.....