Phase 1 of PwC Bike Park trails complete!!!

CycleLab

Super excited for the trail updates!

I know this is a big ask and one I know with lots of red tape attached to it, but is there any chance of having a trail with lots more trail like jumps? Similar to the one trail on the top of the mine dump over the highway.

I know it just ads potential for injuries so I understand if it's not possible

It could be a nice windy downhill with a whole lot of tables of various sizes (building from Small to Brass Balls) and lekker berms for the corners.

It would ideally come down parallel to the highway on the Bryanston side finishing at the middle road. It wouldn't even interfere much with the existing trails. I am thinking it would be longer than the DHL line, and would be a great addition to the park.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be a nice windy downhill with a whole lot of tables of various sizes (building from Small to Brass Balls) and lekker berms for the corners.

It would ideally come down parallel to the highway on the Bryanston side finishing at the middle road. It wouldn't even interfere much with the existing trails. I am thinking it would be longer than the DHL line, and would be a great addition to the park.

This is the perfect place, it's quite a long stretch, and we can have more tables than gaps to avoid danger and then some gaps with chicken runs with them.

It can be rated as a black and then just a warning sign at the entrance of the jumps. They can be flagged correctly like international parks so no jumps spring up on people (I still don't know how that happens but it seems to)

I am sure many people will come to the park for this trail alone

Bridge/ Boner log Jumps over the existing trails :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. We have started placing staff as track marshals onthe BMX track over busy times to limit this exact thing from happening and to

prevent riders and kids getting injured or worse.

We will start placing the track marshals earlier over weekends.

• 1 month later...

Hey Fans.

We are opening the Bike Park this Thursday 6th November till 9pm

Entry R40 after 6pm.

Food, snacks, cold drinks and coffee on sale

Come test our flood lit pump track or ride the trails.

Remember your lights..

• 1 month later...

Hey Fans,

Just a reminder that the Bike Park will be closed tonight 4th December to host the

Biogen Retro Night run presented by Illumin8 events.

The trails will be closed for night riding, so pull on your running shoes and come explore your Bike Park  with this awesome event tonight. Late registration from 18H00.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Night riding will resume again from next week Thursday.

Hey Fans,

Two new features created by Flow Master Hylton Turvey on the Blue line we are creating within the Green Mile trail.

We will be opening this trail very soon.

Super Stoked with the additions.

post-49403-0-85778800-1418027866.jpg post-49403-0-17298700-1418028257.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Fans,

We wish you all a super 2015 with many safe and happy km on the bike.

Night riding will start again from this Thursday 8th January.

Entry is R40 from 4pm.

Bring your family and friends to enjoy the evening with us, braai facilities available and our kiosk will be open.

Venue is self catering and you can bring your picnic and enjoy sundowners on our new grass terrace.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Follow us on twitter : @cyclepark for regular updates and info.

Archived