Phase 1 of PwC Bike Park trails complete!!!

CycleLab

Which track are you all referring to as the pump track? The small tracks near the entrance or the old bmx track?

the small track near the entrance, on the left, there is a little sign near the entrance of the track identifying it as the pump track and explaining the rules

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's not a kid issue, it's a parent issue.

100000000% correct .... they pay the entrance fee and then think its free daycare .. :whistling:

the small track near the entrance, on the left, there is a little sign near the entrance of the track identifying it as the pump track and explaining the rules

Oh… I guess to most people it looks like a kids track. I see a lot of kids on the old bmx track as well but to be honest it's actually pretty nice. I don't mind waiting for them or riding around them it's just cool seeing them on a bike ejoying themselves. I saw one kid on a strider bike dropping in from the top of the start gate and rolling those jumps. He must have been three years old. Awesome to see.

Kiddies track used to be at the top in the beginning with a age limit... saying no over 15's or something, youd still see a biggy on it thinking hes owning :clap:

for the pumptrack?

my 8 year old is going to be devastated.

If he is 5 I won't mind, as long as he is trying/learning and is riding the right way around! I really promote kids learning the sport, and with a good parent they can become really good at young ages.

But for the parents letting their kids fool around on it that is the problem, which I really hope doesn't happen because the pump track will have a short life then :(

Thanks for all your posts. We at the PwC Bike Park take note of the comments from our riders and supporters. We are investigating alternative options as part of the upgrades and these could be a smaller kids pump track and managed time slots. Our driving passion is in creating a safe environment where riders of all abilities can develop their skills. We are encouraged by the kids enthusiasm to experience all the tracks available and enjoy watching them develop in the sport we all love. Future World Champions in the making.

Any updates on the trail upgrades? Phase 2 perhaps?

We will be starting the trail upgrades in the next few weeks for Phase 2 of the project.

Pump track at night sounds great, but how about keeping the trails open for night riding once a week!!??

I would be there every week!

Driving to modderfontein on wed night to ride on a dirt road is ok, but proper trails would be awesome!

The Pump Track will be getting lighting for future evening challenges and we will also investigate the night riding option.

night riding please :clap: :clap: :clap: :drool: :drool:

+1 :thumbup: :thumbup:

Even if it starts as BringYourOwnLight - night time access would be great.

night rides would be a huge success I for one will do it for sure. Please make sure it stays open to late so I can get my R50 worth :ph34r:

We will be starting the trail upgrades in the next few weeks for Phase 2 of the project.

Awesome! Good job on phase 1.

Can we have one more drop off please? 50% higher than the current highest one would be a good start.

Oh and revamping the Dirt jumps would be cool too.

:thumbup:

Archived