Phase 1 of PwC Bike Park trails complete!!!

CycleLab

Guest Sam Blake

I took my daughter there on Sunday and she had an absolute blast on the pump track. Excellent work!

Just a question about the old dirt jumps that are still there (with the pallet drop in). They're pretty hammered. Are they filled with soil all the way to the base or do they have rubble filler? I ask because I would be really keen to take you up on your proposal to leave a big pile of dirt there that we can build a new line with.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whaaaaaat, when is something like this going to pop up in Cape Town?? Looks awesome!

Ja hey, would be great.

Swop for your MOUNTAIN anyday :eek:

Whaaaaaat, when is something like this going to pop up in Cape Town?? Looks awesome!

uuummmm it popped up years ago, its called Table Mountain :)

Would be great if TM included a pump track! And some bike park features :)

Does the little one at Meerendal count as a pump track?

Can't say i have ridden it, but if its like the pics on the first page from PwC then it would be considered as one!

Can't say i have ridden it, but if its like the pics on the first page from PwC then it would be considered as one!

Yeah, just on a much smaller scale. Still nice for practicing jumps..

Best quality pic off Google I could find.

Yeah, just on a much smaller scale. Still nice for practicing jumps..

Best quality pic off Google I could find.

post-49286-0-99915200-1407144915_thumb.jpg

Sorry can't find this info on the site, you said that there is a possibility of the pump track being lit up for evening riding?

Is this up and working yet? And when/if it is what time will the park be open till?

They are just waiting for final quote on lighting up the pump track!!

I will double check for you as to when/what time the track will be open till.

They are just waiting for final quote on lighting up the pump track!!

I will double check for you as to when/what time the track will be open till.

It would be great if they lit the pump track so that the working class can go blow off some stream on a week day - even if it is only one mid week evening to start off with. It could even work on a (near) full moon, like we have at present.

That pump track is a surprisingly fun workout if you hammer it a few times in a row - it would surely beat listening to some boet pumping kiff tunes getting amped on a spinning bike at Virgin.

Would be great if TM included a pump track! And some bike park features :)

are you ******* kidding me? We have all the best MTBing in the country!

It would be great if they lit the pump track so that the working class can go blow off some stream on a week day - even if it is only one mid week evening to start off with. It could even work on a (near) full moon, like we have at present.

That pump track is a surprisingly fun workout if you hammer it a few times in a row - it would surely beat listening to some boet pumping kiff tunes getting amped on a spinning bike at Virgin.

I would get a years pass. i live very close to the track, but cant realistically go there during the week and week3nds i usually prefer other rides. I will be watching this space

Exactly my thought, all they have to do is open it up one night a week at first as I know it will be expensive to them if they have staff there and no one is there every day of the week! Would love it!

PWC is great fun really it is but my opinion is that R50 is a tad to expensive. I understand its to compensate for the money used to upgrade etc but I don't want to pay R50 and then have to deal with dodging little kids as have been previously stated.

Archived