Phase 1 of PwC Bike Park trails complete!!!

CycleLab

Hey guys

As some of you know we have had Hylton Turvey working on the PwC bike park for the last month. He started with the Pump track, moved on to Jump track and now finished with the NEW skills area. Massive improvement on all three with images to follow! The skills area includes rock garden, sandy areas, burms, table tops and different sized bridges.

For the more skilled riders we have additional rock garden, higher drop off and graded down rollers.

You are all invited to come and test all three and see what you think!!

post-49403-0-53873800-1406098394_thumb.jpg

post-49403-0-53665800-1406098462_thumb.jpg

post-49403-0-93543800-1406099067_thumb.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went there today and it looks like it has been to a spa it's so manicured. It's really sick though so much fun to all the downhill riders if you go there don't try huck the bigger wooden drop too much you might land to flat????

Some more pics....

The pic makes it look more chilled (flat) than it really is...

I went to go look at the improvements on Saturday and it is a VERY good start.

I am sure it will improve the skills of riders around (if they actually go and ride it).

I saw some kids messing around on the skills area, they seem more like the bunch that is going to mess up the nice things because on the down gradient with the least gradient they were like "oh gosh look how steep" and then kind of sliding their bikes down messing up some of the edges. I wanted to slap them.

I was really hoping Mr. Hilton was going to add that 1.2m - 1.5m drop so I can have something to stress about before taking the run in eventually. (The other 2 drops are very smooth and I can think most people will be able to ride it with no problem.)

I went to go ride the gap jumps at the back of the bike park too for the 1st time. I like the way that they are part of the flow of the trail and I hope that if the rest of the trails are upgraded, that there will be more of such things. (Gaps!) Taking in account that quite a few of the XCO tracks around the world now have gap jumps I think it is something that the park needs.

Can't wait to see the rest.

Went there today and it looks like it has been to a spa it's so manicured. It's really sick though so much fun to all the downhill riders if you go there don't try huck the bigger wooden drop too much you might land to flat

That rock drop is to flat. (thus I wont try it, nor did anyone else there) If it had a bit of a gradient on the landing it would have been a great step up from the bigger wooden drop.

Hey! I went for a ride there on sunday. Well done on the upgrades guys! I seriously enjoyed the pumptrack, new jump line and the skills area. Just what we need.

I am a bit concerned about the safety regarding kids on the trails tho. Currently the skills area can be accessed from any direction and as a result you have these tiny kids and their moms coming up the hill below the drop offs! We need to show that these trails are directional so that you do not wind up having a head on collision with a toddler as you come off the right hand side drop off.

A similar problem applies to the bmx-jump line. Often kids do the right hand side line and come off at the bottom below the jumps and then hang out there feeling sorry for themselves.

You cant see them if you are coming down from the top and you carry a lot of speed in order to clear those jumps so the chance of doom is VERY high. Similarly you often have kids going through the jumps in the wrong direction and other kids flying down the hill and not looking forwards.

Maybe while you guys are finishing all the infrastructure you should just put two marshals in the trouble areas just to keep things safe?

Whaaaaaat, when is something like this going to pop up in Cape Town?? Looks awesome!

Ja hey, would be great.

Archived