Phase 1 of PwC Bike Park trails complete!!!

CycleLab

Awesome! Good job on phase 1.

Can we have one more drop off please? 50% higher than the current highest one would be a good start.

Oh and revamping the Dirt jumps would be cool too.

:thumbup:

A dirt jump section revamp is part of the future plans.. Are you referring to a higher version of the wooden drop off platforms in the new skills section?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A dirt jump section revamp is part of the future plans.. Are you referring to a higher version of the wooden drop off platforms in the new skills section?

Yes.

That landing slope is nice and most will be able to land from a 1.2m or even 1.5m drop. :)

I think Goose might be referring to the old dirt jump section that sits between the BMX track and Space Junk. The one with the steepish, largeish gap jumps that used to have a double black diamond rating and a "No Under 18" sign at the entrance bridge.

I have been there twice since the revamp and still see kids playing around on the drop in ramp, with no parents in sight. This has always been an issue. It's also dangerous for those actually jumping as those kids are small and sometimes cannot be between the jumps by the rider until he/she is airbon and heading for a collision.

I hope the revamp of the jumps involves some measure to prevent kids from pottering around on there, or at least a sign and a mention by the front desk in a Lion-Kingish way

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cMvo_J_nAQ0/UEYUuBKY9HI/AAAAAAAAAC4/8XKgyNeij7U/s1600/lionking.jpg

"Those are the dirt jumps. You must never go there".

Before I sound like a total crotchety old man, let it be known that I'm all for kids having fun on bikes, and the bike park has done an excellent job to make the BMX track more fun for ALL ages. And there are very cool areas for kids to have fun and develop skills. Like Radman, I have NO issue with waiting for kids on the BMX track.

But when it comes to proper dirt jumps (particularly the big gap line on the right), it is no place for children.

We don't want this sort of thing happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iOJ_zvqqF8

I think Goose might be referring to the old dirt jump section that sits between the BMX track and Space Junk. The one with the steepish, largeish gap jumps that used to have a double black diamond rating and a "No Under 18" sign at the entrance bridge.

I have been there twice since the revamp and still see kids playing around on the drop in ramp, with no parents in sight. This has always been an issue. It's also dangerous for those actually jumping as those kids are small and sometimes cannot be between the jumps by the rider until he/she is airbon and heading for a collision.

I hope the revamp of the jumps involves some measure to prevent kids from pottering around on there, or at least a sign and a mention by the front desk in a Lion-Kingish way

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cMvo_J_nAQ0/UEYUuBKY9HI/AAAAAAAAAC4/8XKgyNeij7U/s1600/lionking.jpg

"Those are the dirt jumps. You must never go there".

Before I sound like a total crotchety old man, let it be known that I'm all for kids having fun on bikes, and the bike park has done an excellent job to make the BMX track more fun for ALL ages. And there are very cool areas for kids to have fun and develop skills. Like Radman, I have NO issue with waiting for kids on the BMX track.

But when it comes to proper dirt jumps (particularly the big gap line on the right), it is no place for children.

We don't want this sort of thing happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iOJ_zvqqF8

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

I think Goose might be referring to the old dirt jump section that sits between the BMX track and Space Junk.

"Can we have one more drop off please? 50% higher than the current highest one would be a good start.

Oh and revamping the Dirt jumps would be cool too."

He is referring to 2 different areas...

"Can we have one more drop off please? 50% higher than the current highest one would be a good start.

Oh and revamping the Dirt jumps would be cool too."

He is referring to 2 different areas...

hahaha! :blush: Sorry, my skim-reading got the better of me. I only saw the dirt jump part.

Both upgrades would be awesome!

Yes.

That landing slope is nice and most will be able to land from a 1.2m or even 1.5m drop. :)

This...

And this...

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey PwC Bike Park supporters,

We will be starting phase 2 of the upgrades in the next few days.

The focus will be on upgrading some of the trails to increase the flow and

overall enjoyment.

We are also very close to the installation of lights at the Pump track.

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused due to the upgrades.

Keep you posted and ride safe.

Hi there,

Please do something about the bmx/jump track, and signage for the skills area, signage everywhere in fact. I was there over the weekend and had to dodge quite a lot of little kids riding the wrong way on the jump track and all over the skills area. No parents in site. Guy's at the front can see what is happening but don't do anything about it..

Great stuff happening for the upgrades definitely, but someone is eventually going to get hurt on that jump track.

Oh and check the fence running next to main road on the other side of the highway, I spotted a few people sized holes, kinda concerning...

Hi there,

Please do something about the bmx/jump track, and signage for the skills area, signage everywhere in fact. I was there over the weekend and had to dodge quite a lot of little kids riding the wrong way on the jump track and all over the skills area. No parents in site. Guy's at the front can see what is happening but don't do anything about it..

Great stuff happening for the upgrades definitely, but someone is eventually going to get hurt on that jump track.

Oh and check the fence running next to main road on the other side of the highway, I spotted a few people sized holes, kinda concerning...

New signage is part of the upgrade schedule and

we are already investigating different solutions for the pump and BMX track.

Thanks for the info on the fencing. We will inspect and rectify accordingly.

Super excited for the trail updates!

I know this is a big ask and one I know with lots of red tape attached to it, but is there any chance of having a trail with lots more trail like jumps? Similar to the one trail on the top of the mine dump over the highway.

I know it just ads potential for injuries so I understand if it's not possible

Super excited for the trail updates!

I know this is a big ask and one I know with lots of red tape attached to it, but is there any chance of having a trail with lots more trail like jumps? Similar to the one trail on the top of the mine dump over the highway.

I know it just ads potential for injuries so I understand if it's not possible

I agree with this.

Gap jumps like those and a bigger.

I seriously dont know why there must be such a concern about rider safety. Put a board up before the jump that indicates it is a gap and it is up to the rider to either be cautious or risk getting injured. I think we are the only country so concerned about this. Maybe a "walk this trail before riding it is adviced because of gaps" board at the start.

Archived