Momsen Vipa Stolen in Stellenbosch

Geraldek

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good news! With the kind assistance of Edge_Design and other resourceful Hubbers as well as the Stellenbosch police we were able to recover and positively identify all the parts from the bike. The hunt for the frame is now on. Thanks all for the advice and help.

Wow, that's brilliant. I lost a whole bunch of stuff to theft in March but nothing ever showed up on Gumtree or here.

On crime in general I agree nowhere is safe. We have a holiday place in probably the smallest "town"in SA. There is one shop, on a farm. The permanent population can't be much more than 100. Tik is there - our boat trailers had all the lights smashed to get the bulbs out. Numerous outboard motors have been stolen including all four of our owners (perp now behind bars after burning down a house). Another one was locked up a few weeks ago for stealing a firearm.

If this guy is part of a syndicate he will have more than one bike, I know that there was bikes stolen from a bike shop about a week or two ago.

My Specialized Epic Carbon Comp was also stolen on 17 July in Stellenbosch.

surely those that have been caught? if they were caught can be held has supects for the rest of the frame....

Some good news! With the kind assistance of Edge_Design and other resourceful Hubbers as well as the Stellenbosch police we were able to recover and positively identify all the parts from the bike. The hunt for the frame is now on. Thanks all for the advice and help.

Great news, did the stuff that was advertised here and on gumtree that looked liked it was from your bike turn out to be true?

hey you guys. good to see there is some headway into solving the stellenbocsh problem. we are all super happy for those that get their stuff back but please please look out for any purple components. pedals stem and fork etc. PLEASE, my cell no is 0722044606. thanks.

Give us some feedback post this whole thing going down! How and where were the guys caught? Whom was involved - syndicate or one guy acting alone? Organised or parts for money for tik scenario?

Have you located your frame? How did you locate the perp - as a result of this thread?

When, where and how did your bike get stolen?

We see more than enough grim stories on here everyday, and then the one time there is a glimmer of hope you deprive us of the juicy details.

comeeee on!