Bonus

At the moment it's Movistar who are leading the peloton, holding the gap to the main group at 3:48. It looks like containment is the aim at the moment. Is that first group too big though? There are a few passengers in there.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Movistar haven't hit the panic button, there's still a long way to go. Winner Anacona is the leader on the road as he started the stage 2:50 down Valverde's lead.

Bouet, who was in the second group, has led them to the leaders so we now have 31 men in the break. The gap is at four minutes after 44km of racing.

Movistar have a man up the road, which means they have six riders back to support Valverde and Quintana at the moment.

The gap to the break is moving out to six minutes, which puts Winner Anacona into the leader's jersey by around three minutes. We've still around 125km of racing to come, including the summit finish.

José Azevedo says: "I rode this in 2005 and I know it's a complicated climb. There will probably be lots of wind early on in the stage, which creates another difficulty. The gc riders will want to gain time on each other at the toughest finish so far."

It's been such a fast opening 70km of the stage and the gap continues to grown. It's at 6:28 as Movistar continue to set the pace at the front of the peloton.

What an awesome finalè!

A few things came yet again to the fore.

1 'Berto is such a racer that is not scared of risking

2 Froome Dawg just doesn't do well in the rain

3 The Colombians are such a force yet again

I'm becoming more and more of a fan of AC.

It took me a while to get over the steak saga

But, after supporting Froome to his 1st TdF win, I have swopped my fanfare status from "Dawg" to "Pistolero"

Had to laugh at the commentators when Conto attacked. Something in the line of: 'El Pistolero pulled his guns and is firing away!!!'