Mont St Anne World Cup

nigelhicks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the ruling of no chest mounted cams? Gregs Optrix was chest mounted - and he did that in SA too .... ????

What happened to the ruling of no chest mounted cams? Gregs Optrix was chest mounted - and he did that in SA too .... ????

i think the ruling on cams in general has been relaxed...my guess is this is what happened:

redbull sponsored riders had helmet cams at the beginning of the season to assist with rebull promotion (loic and someone else if i remember)

People complained and said "if they can we can"

next event - many more had helmet cams on race day..

next event - many more had helmet cams on race day..

No - this is set at 4 cams for the event - and riders are given the option to ride with it - its to be used in the final editing of the programme (like they do in MX that they can go onboard "live") ...

So the rule is still no cameras other than those 4 for TV purposes

Is it not the same as our local events in that you can practice with a camera but no cameras (except the 4 'official' ones) in the quali & race runs?

No - this is set at 4 cams for the event - and riders are given the option to ride with it - its to be used in the final editing of the programme (like they do in MX that they can go onboard "live") ...

So the rule is still no cameras other than those 4 for TV purposes

ok thanks for the info

maybe - but i was just wondering about the Chest mount - as the UCI said these are not allowed at sanctioned events and they can cause damage to your sternum.

Mike Jones in 5th in timed training!

Ok so timed training doesnt mean much really - but still thats a good one from the youngster

Course looks amazing - lovely mix of flat out and uber bumpy. Looking fwd to live webcast at 815 tomorrow night...

maybe - but i was just wondering about the Chest mount - as the UCI said these are not allowed at sanctioned events and they can cause damage to your sternum.

Well they must have relaxed things cos I see Ratty was out in short sleeves...

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb11244646/p5pb11244646.jpg

Needles 3rd!

Greg 9th

Hill 6th.........AND...........RATBoY No1!!

Girls...its manon...by 4s...then ragot...then rach...then trace...then gatot...no pompon and no seagrave

post-7169-0-74517600-1406921311_thumb.jpg