mavic vs easton vs american classics...

nazmo

Hi all

Im currently rolling on a very basic set of mavic cpx22, weighs in at a featherweigt 2.2kg excl tires.

im looking at upgrading, weight and aero being factors.

i weigh 67kgs and do 4000kms pa atm.

options are:

Easton EA 90, American classic sprint, cosmic elite S alu.

any tips or advice? another option could be used, there is a set of 1.2 kg token carbon tubbies for R6k on the hub as well.

thx

If the Eastons are not the SLX, then go for the American Classics. Those cosmics are heavy. I have American Classic sprint and I must say I am very happy. They climb lovely.

my budget can vary, but R6k is ideal. the classics i can get for under 6.

i heard the eastons are known to have spoke issues, though i dont know if this is improved in the 2014 model.

You wont go wrong with the AM's... i had a set of Aero 420's and they were awesome... climbing, sprinting... good all rounder

Hi All, thanks for all the response, Though I managed to get a really great deal on a set of SLX, so much so I increased my budget. They look too cool to ignore, here are some pics :P

14805986166_5b55c9f3ef_c.jpg

14642325319_5a13297d68_c.jpg

If the Eastons are not the SLX, then go for the American Classics. Those cosmics are heavy. I have American Classic sprint and I must say I am very happy. They climb lovely.

Jip they are heavy, but boy they roll so leka :thumbup:

Then again if you are a heavy rider like I am, avoid Mavics :whistling: Had 2 sets of SL's crack and on my second Cosmic rear wheel :eek:

In the past I have had Mavic's and Eastons. Both great wheels, but I did find the Mavics on the heavier side. I preferred riding the Eastons until I discovered Fulcrums.

I find the Fulcrums to be a good all rounder wheel.

Just out of interest, I weighed my old Mavic CXP 22's on a precision scale as well as the eastons, looking at about an 800gsm weight saving for the pair, though the difference just holding them is quite crazy!