Wines2Whales luxury tent option

KevinG

R5000 to upgrade to the luxury tent option on W2W. That's R1250/person/night. That would get you a bed in a luxury game lodge like Bushman's Kloof with all the bells and whistles.

That's insane! What am I missing?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have contacts at Bushmans Kloof because that's not the rates they quoted me... And they don't even have mtb trails there...

Anyway if the organisers can find 1000's of people are happy to pay R5K for 3 days of mtb'ing, I'm sure there will be a few who won't think twice paying extra for a luxury tent.

They had 2 of these last year that was given out by lucky draw. Although it looked very comfortable, it was right at the start line so no chance of a little sleep in if you are in one of the later batches.

Surely entry comes with standard tent??? Have only done other stage races that have included usual tents... is W2W different?? Panic mode..... :blink:

Surely entry comes with standard tent??? Have only done other stage races that have included usual tents... is W2W different?? Panic mode..... :blink:

This is an optional choice.

For W2W each rider gets his/her own tent. (standard size with a matress)

Phew.. just checked. All in order for very standard tented accom, which suits me perfectly!

KevinG-Please tell me who you spoke to at Bushmans Kloof for that deal ? Not sure you have that correct.

There are always going to be people who will happily pay the R5000.

I think its a great idea and would happily have paid that this year if i had not booked into a B&B in the area.

To put things into perspectivce. We have booked a four roomed lodge for 4 cyclists and their wives for R4,720 in total for two nights. This includes access to the pool as well.