Specialized Camber Fox float 32 110mm Increase to 120mm

Nahtan

Hi all, need some help here. I have a Camber which runs a Fox 110mm front fork and I want to know if I can increase it to 120mm by taking out spacers in the fork. I have read that Fox make a 80mm, 100mm, 120mm etc damper cartridge and that you can decrease a forks travel but cant increase it. I would therefore assume that the Cambers fork is a 120mm shortened to 110mm which I could take back to 120mm by removing the spacer. Is this correct? Thanks for the help.

One way to find out for sure - open it up and have a look. The instructions are on Fox's website.

Second - find a decent mechanic to check it our for you. I say decent because mistakes on forks are both easy to make and expensive to fix.

Third - send it to me for a service and the conversion, if possible, can be done as part of it.

Lets say it can be done (removing a spacer and it becomes 120mm). How badly will it affect the geometry of the bike seeing that it was design around a 110mm fork?

Edited by Rebelking

yes it can be done I have the exact same 2014 Camber Comp Carbon bike spoke with two shops today, Fox allows a 10mm adjustment either way a small spacer is removed. I did consider it but maybe do it on fork service The Fox warranty is not compromised either .

Lets say it can be done (removing a spacer and it becomes 120mm). How badly will it affect the geometry of the bike seeing that it was design around a 110mm fork?

That amount of change is not gonna change the ego that much can,will make it slightly slacker which will make it handle better on the downs.

yes it can be done I have the exact same 2014 Camber Comp Carbon bike spoke with two shops today, Fox allows a 10mm adjustment either way a small spacer is removed. I did consider it but maybe do it on fork service The Fox warranty is not compromised either .

Ok, so now the million dollar question.. is the juice worth the squeeze?

That amount of change is not gonna change the ego that much can,will make it slightly slacker which will make it handle better on the downs.

Yes, but how will it affect climbing, steering/controlling the bike and the performance of the rear suspension?

You only adding 10mm it's very little so it's not gonna change a huge amount,degree wise it's not gonna be that big,I'm guessing half a degree maybe,maybe 1 but that is most probably extreme. Don't think you gonna feel a big dif in the climbing.

I have a 2012 camber.... there is a 10mm spacer that comes right out to make it a 120mm. I didn't notice much change between the 110 and 120mm.

I am now running a 130mm rockshox revelation up front, and the bike has never handled better, and on the trail setting it still climbs very well, by far the best thing I did on the bike.

I found that the oem fox would dive too much on braking and technical descents, and if I compensated with more air it was too hard.

Thanks for the responses. The Camber Evo comes with 120mm front and back (now why don't Specialized bring that bike into the country???) so I don't think I will be doing anything to the frame that it cant already handle. The head will become a little slacker which will be good for the down hills and I am able to move the headset spacers so I can keep the handlebars at the same height because the change will lift the front a bit. I think it is time to open the fork up :)

Thanks for the responses. The Camber Evo comes with 120mm front and back (now why don't Specialized bring that bike into the country???) so I don't think I will be doing anything to the frame that it cant already handle. The head will become a little slacker which will be good for the down hills and I am able to move the headset spacers so I can keep the handlebars at the same height because the change will lift the front a bit. I think it is time to open the fork up :)

The Camber Evo is allready in certain Specialized stores. The evo frame is not the same as the normal camber. It was designed to run 120mm front and back.

Thanks. My understanding is the frame is the same but the rear linkages are slightly different which allows for the 120mm at the back. As for the front its just got a 120mm fork and not a 110mm. So now the question is if I can get the different linkages and a 120mm rear shock I can have an Evo :)