New carbon duallie by Silverback?

2bliss

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn...how am I going to explain to the wife that I need a carbon DS, when I just bought a Sprada1 last year...mmmmmm

Well a friend of mine bought a bike and decided not to tell his wife ..... he then went and bought a coffee machine to present to her at the same time he drops the bombshell .... have not really heard from him since last night, so can't comment if the strategy works or not yet.

Wow, nice bike - bought my 2014 Slider 1 couple of months ago and best MTB I've ever owned in my "affordability" price range - should have waited maybe the 2015 Slider 1 looks epic.

The Sesta Race looks like a nice Option for most of us where bang for buck is still the name of the game.. Its got the carbon frame and Reba fork, crest rims but SLX hubs. I'd like to see that change to something like novatec. But wheels are always a good place to start your upgrading. I just dont see the reason for having ball & cone bearings when youre not on the limit of performance. It might just be a price thing.

Either way it should come in around 12kg..which is light enough for most.

Wow, nice bike - bought my 2014 Slider 1 couple of months ago and best MTB I've ever owned in my "affordability" price range - should have waited maybe the 2015 Slider 1 looks epic.

I'm holding out for the 2015! Just hope he is priced same as 2014 slider, judging by components it's looking to be a bit more!

Edited by jasondalekuhn

I'm holding out for the 2015! Just hope he is priced same as 2014 slider, judging by components it's looking to be a bit more!

Go chat to the guys at CycleFactory, they always have the best prices on Silverback and sometimes have demo bikes you can testride.

Well a friend of mine bought a bike and decided not to tell his wife ..... he then went and bought a coffee machine to present to her at the same time he drops the bombshell .... have not really heard from him since last night, so can't comment if the strategy works or not yet.

Yeha - I wonder how that worked out for him... email going out now

EDIT: I HAVE spoken to him today, and he has been around. But yeah. He didn't say anything about it...

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

My LBS says top-spec XX1 model weighs 9.8kg and price is around R90 000. Pocket change!

The Sid and XT equipped model weighs 10.4-10.8kg and price will be around R45 000. Very good deal imho.

No word yet on the Reba and SLX equipped version. Shall we guess R38 000 - R40 000?

Wow what a machine. I am glad SB is coming to the party with a high specced bike. I'm on a Mercury 1 and loving it. Was looking at possible upgrade to KTM Scarpe, but if SB is going to set theirs up along the same lines I am staying with SB.