"Argus" route ride Saturday 30/08/2014

Wannabe

Wannabeeeee! I missed you ous' the last time you did this ride! Where do you cross the trainline? Do you cycle past Newlands Cricket Stadium and up to the main road there?

We do go somewhere past there. Rather meet us constancia village side. We go along Spaanschemat River Rd so somewhere along that road would be the safest place to meet us.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's an extra 18km amongst friends? :whistling:

Ja, but averaging 24km/h over 60kms is cool. Pushing it to 25km/h over 118! Eish, my poor legs and lungs!

Ja, but averaging 24km/h over 60kms is cool. Pushing it to 25km/h over 118! Eish, my poor legs and lungs!

Consider a short cut @ Fish Hoek or over Blackhill ...

Maybe some others will be keen on a shorter ride. :thumbup:

Wannabeeeee! I missed you ous' the last time you did this ride! Where do you cross the trainline? Do you cycle past Newlands Cricket Stadium and up to the main road there?

For you, I'll make sure we go past Newlands. You can meet us at the Traffic light on Main I think it is.

Consider a short cut @ Fish Hoek or over Blackhill ...

Maybe some others will be keen on a shorter ride. :thumbup:

You guys will be fine. The group is relaxed :thumbup:

If you are really suffering you can take a shortcut if you need to.

We will stop at noordhoek at that restaurant at the base of chappies. You could wait for us there.

But for most of the guys im sure they will want to do the full distance. btw. Some of us are riding to and from table view for this which means 160+km. So I dont think there is going to be any racing happening on the route. :whistling:

For you, I'll make sure we go past Newlands. You can meet us at the Traffic light on Main I think it is.

SSSHAAAWWEEEEEEEETT! Gonna set 2 alarms. The relaxed pace will work for me, considering I have not ridden more than 5 times since the August.... I'll bounce back to the Southern Suburbs over the Nek when we cruise through Hout Bay.

Thanks for an awesome ride this morning chaps and for everyone's patience! A special thanks to Norman and Gavin for giving Mel a push on the climbs! :thumbup:

You missed out on a great ride. Next time then.

To all the guys (and Gal on her Mtb :thumbup: :clap: ) Thanks for showing, it was a real nice ride.

Good seeing some of you again after a long time, and meeting new people.

Sorry I missed it guys! The beauty of a new job is working late and skeep-ing you family af. So today was family time.

Next time for sure

Was a good ride! Safety in numbers for sure!!!! Lekka catching up again Wannabe and meeting some new faces! Downloading pics. Will post them in the morning!

Archived