Rampage 2014

deanbean

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it abvious that I was one? :whistling:      :D

HayleYTearth, Why didn't you tues Robbie and Yannick to go through to finals and claim 3rd and 4th?

http://ilsociopatico.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ba20dum20tss.jpg?w=317&h=274

Edited by patches

I also noticed that most riders ride with Boxxers and on the WC they are using the Fox, that is really intresting, would like to know why. I also noticed that more freerides are sponsored by/ride with SRAM/RockShox than Shimano and Fox.

Let's not kid ourselves with the idea that any of these riders choose their gear based on performance, they ride what they're paid to ride. When the companies do their market research and see that their fork is seen as more race/freeride orientated, they just make sure to get a few more freeriders/racers on their payroll, that way they can make the sheep (us) buy more of their gear. 

Let's not kid ourselves with the idea that any of these riders choose their gear based on performance, they ride what they're paid to ride. When the companies do their market research and see that their fork is seen as more race/freeride orientated, they just make sure to get a few more freeriders/racers on their payroll, that way they can make the sheep (us) buy more of their gear. 

True, but none of those forks, especially the marzos, exploded like some rims did. As product burliness verification goes, I'd be sold on any of them.

Busy watching rampage now, camera angles are like an SABC broadcast and it sounds like they hired some golfing pundits to do the commentary. Commentary is supa ***, there must be a million guys who could have done the commentary that are actually in the scene and got some tricks in the bag to keep things entertaining.... Red Bull got the wires crossed on this one!

Edited by Skylark

How's the polish guy doing his run in a vest, giving himself solid motivation not to eat it...

I reckon the rationale was that if he comes pip he's gonna be in pain either way - so a little t shirt was kinda the same as nothing at all...

The commentary reminded me of the Super Sport commentary on the PMB DH a few years back.

"wow, he ramped that" sort of thing. Fine for those who don't know a thing about the gravity scene, but for the enthusiasts... almost insulting!

Was it just me or did you guys also think the spectators were thin on the ground. Guess it was a combo of venue change and the postponement to a weekday.

Edited by patches

Was it just me or did you guys also think the spectators were thin on the ground. Guess it was a combo of venue change and the postponement to a weekday.

A lot of comments on Pinkbike about having to be back at work on the Monday...

ja - the commentary was super bad..that chick at the finish though...she took the cake

"andreu andreu wait come back we need to talk to you...you cant go away..wait..come back"

ouch. looks like its going to be a nut cracker.  :mellow:

Kelly McGarry

that is insane!

His casing of the gap on run 2 looked equally painful...and how he just jumped up and smiled is beyond me