Brandon Stewart

Mousea

And so are/were Fedgroup.. why didn't they go ride any of the big marathon races in Europe?

I tell you why.. it's easier getting a good result in SA than a good result riding against the best in the world week in and week out.

Another possible factor though could be what region the sponsors want their exposure. It probably doesn't help a local company to get brand exposure overseas when their target market is in SA.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And so are/were Fedgroup.. why didn't they go ride any of the big marathon races in Europe?

I tell you why.. it's easier getting a good result in SA than a good result riding against the best in the world week in and week out.

Cant answer that question.

What was the mandate from their sponsors ?

I'm also a bit curious...

Based on the numbers I have heard I remember thinking "fark - I wouldn't work for that!".

Euro pros maybe but the numbers I've heard bashed about locally put them firmly in the "middle class".

Aaaaah if that is the case, then disregard my question in why didn't6 they go race in europe bit.

But it seemed as if Fedgroup had very good sponsorship deals. Added not sure how much of that was actually cash though..

Edited by Gen

all I really care about is what is going to happen to the berg and bush thanks to this big balls up

Another possible factor though could be what region the sponsors want their exposure. It probably doesn't help a local company to get brand exposure overseas when their target market is in SA.

Yes I see.

Excuse me, I know nada about how sponsorship agreements work etc.

disagree with that...

if you were sponsoring someone would you not want to proudly tell the world how well your sponsored rider is doing on the international circuit

that said...cycling is still not the most cases in SA compared to other sports...cycling just seems to be more in the spotlight thanks to assholestrong

I blame Festina

disagree with that...

if you were sponsoring someone would you not want to proudly tell the world how well your sponsored rider is doing on the international circuit

I dunno, if say for example the local hardware store sponsored someone surely they would get good bang for their advertising buck if that rider was seen at all the local races thus increasing public awareness/ knowledge of their brand?

Speaking of international events.. isn't the swiss epic soon. Suppose the only saffa pro that will ride is Erik thanks to his Arianne connection. .

Edited by Gen

I dunno, if say for example the local hardware store sponsored someone surely they would get good bang for their advertising buck if that rider was seen at all the local races thus increasing public awareness/ knowledge of their brand?

ja but a local hardware store is not oging to be sponsoring an elite cyclist...its generally a national brand that wants to stick out its chest feathers

Don't want to sound facetious but I'm sure the coaches will have said 'more and bigger things to come' 'big improvement' ....... :ph34r:

Not sure if you saying Rourke's improvements come from a banned product(s) but if you are I think that is a little off sides in respect to who he is as a person and the few changes he has made in his overall training and racing program as of late. I read his blogs and the Teams blogs and they have made some significant changes to him from a management and new coaching perspective which he and the team have said are the best thing that could of happened to him and now they seeing his true potential.

Not sure if you saying Rourke's improvements come from a banned product(s) but if you are I think that is a little off sides in respect to who he is as a person and the few changes he has made in his overall training and racing program as of late. I read his blogs and the Teams blogs and they have made some significant changes to him from a management and new coaching perspective which he and the team have said are the best thing that could of happened to him and now they seeing his true potential.

Pssst you seem to know a lot about the pro scene. . Come shed some light on how sponsorship in SA works regarding the lack of SA marathon riders riding in europe.

Edited by Gen

I dig Rouke. . I think that kid has great potential. And seems to have his priorities in order and a real will to make this work.

Don't want to sound facetious but I'm sure the coaches will have said 'more and bigger things to come' 'big improvement' ....... :ph34r:

For Rouke or Rourke ?

Not aimed at the rider/athlete at all just a generalisation about coaches comments after big events ....