Brandon Stewart

Mousea

I dunno, if say for example the local hardware store sponsored someone surely they would get good bang for their advertising buck if that rider was seen at all the local races thus increasing public awareness/ knowledge of their brand?

It is much more news-worthy to have a cyclist who is doing well internationally, even for the local hardware store. Imagine getting onto a podium in France with world-wide TV coverage, a rider thanking his moms and pops hardware store sponsor followed up by a good write-up in national and local papers and a nice mention for Oom Jan en Tannie San se Hardeware.

Sure beats a 2 minute slot on a local Cycling magazine show once in a blue moon.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is much more news-worthy to have a cyclist who is doing well internationally, even for the local hardware store. Imagine getting onto a podium in France with world-wide TV coverage, a rider thanking his moms and pops hardware store sponsor followed up by a good write-up in national and local papers and a nice mention for Oom Jan en Tannie San se Hardeware.

Sure beats a 2 minute slot on a local Cycling magazine show once in a blue moon.

Ja ok. I was just kinda shootin the breeze, offering some ideas (albeit, uninformed ones!)

Cant answer that question.

What was the mandate from their sponsors ?

The sponsors interest is quite simple, they start riding bikes and directorship pi$$ away money in to their new found passion, which next year could be hunting, archery or golfing.

The riders on the other hand have other plans, it's cushy in cushy land, they have a good fans base and feel like a million bucks when toothless mothers get all excited and swoon over them at the races, they are what we call LEGENDS in THEIR own LUNCBOX.

This of course is the prefect place to be, especially when the money comes in.

And no, I am not just pointing to one group or team here.

Hulle is the k@k bang om geklits the word oorsee.

;)

Ja ja ja.. we all know I was speaking of Rourke.

Gen, please get with the program, we are not here to educate you all day long.

Pssst you seem to know a lot about the pro scene. . Come shed some light on how sponsorship in SA works regarding the lack of SA marathon riders riding in europe.

Well if you look at it logically if your company was SA based and your business was in SA would you not think it was logic to have a team promote your company locally as often as they could and as best as they could at all times instead of racing or basing themselves overseas where you will not generate any potential business.

Well if you look at it logically if your company was SA based and your business was in SA would you not think it was logic to have a team promote your company locally as often as they could and as best as they could at all times instead of racing or basing themselves overseas where you will not generate any potential business.

I have noticed how many of , say . Tdf , MotoGP, F1," adverts " ,are totally lost/wasted on the RSA audience. I think one of the main sponsors of the Tdf is the LCL ( bank ? ) Edited by Tromp

Mmm has Stewart not had stage wins at, The Trans Alps and The BC Bike race....

These are sure not in Welkom or Potch

Gen, please get with the program, we are not here to educate you all day long.

then don't and just ignore me. ;)

PS you'll miss me when I am gone. ;)

Edited by Gen

and how long ago was that.

he does not seem to think too much of them

Career highlights: Absa Cape Epic African leader jersey 2007, 2009, Completed 10 x Absa Cape Epics, SA Cross Country Champion 2008, Sani2C Overall Winner 2007, 3 x Sabie Experience overall winner, 2013 Old Mutual Joberg2C Winner

Edited by Stretch

Doesnt really count as a win when you doped up now does it.