MTN Qhubeka

DieVlieg

MTN is doing blerry well, Sergio taking the white jersey.

On that note of MTN pulling the plug on Zoo, I dont know what happened, I wasnt there, but reading social media I can gather the following re most races.

Our own local pro's are whining too much, if it isnt this, then it is that. Yes they are pro's but surely we all dont go on about something that isnt right at work or do we?

Shut up, cleat in and race like there's no tomorrow.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MTN pulled the plug on th on the Zoo Lake Crit.They didn't like the negative publicity that came from the area being closed off. There were people that took an extra 5 minutes to get to the shopping mall. You know how traumatic that can be

True, but also last time there was very few spectators, so it becomes rather self-serving.

Right now, I couldn't tell you any of the names of the local road pro's, and I am a cycling fan of note, so what does that say about Joe and Jolene Public?

Maybe the Saffas on MTN can work Bos over.......maybe switch him on some training rides.

Bliksem.... MTN must have pretty impressive bank balance if all these signings turn out to be true

Good to see they are interested in cycling. Rugby and soccer I'm sure still gets the largest chunk of the pie but MTN as a brand gets more international exposure and a classier connotation through cycling. The brand and sponsors gets huge exposure from cycling as the name of the team basically consists of the sponsors name. Don't forget Samsung also contributes to MTN. MTN is also has a huge African footprint in their product.

With Brian Smith on board management-wise plus a few big cheese pros , they are hoping for the Le Tour next year. Although cant say I am too excited about Gossy and Tyler Farrar on the team.

Brian was Tierman-Locke's manager back in his winning days, before he joined Sky, and vehemently defended him against doping (which T-L also still denies)

Why would anyone want Farrar?

I'd rather give RH a contract out of retirement than give one to Farrar.

+1

Too slow to be a sprinter - too fat to be a climber - not enough power to be a rolleur. Kinda like the bmw x5 of the cycling world ;-)

He'll be a bloody expensicve water fetcher in my opinion.

Archived