SOLD OUT - Sony Action Cam Deal - SORRY GUYS!

Vangar

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be a big waste of money...

Why you say that?

If you got one and decide it is, please PM me, I'll take it off your hands

What service from takealot. Ordered cam yesterday - just went normal free postage route and on my office desk at half 8 this morning in durbs. Stoked!

After missing out the deal, I've started looking for options on action cams. Obviously GP is the market leader, and Sony is a pretty strong brand, but was wondering who here has opted for Kong Fu brand action cams.

I've found a handful on bidorbuy in the same price bracket. Specifically, the SJ4000 looks like quite a decent cam, although there are others with other options - varying depths, with wifi, mobile apps for control, and a variety of accessory options. I'm a bit unsure if I should go for a slightly more expensive one that has more features that I might not use (remote, wifi, mobile app) or save a few bucks.

Here's a shortlist of non-mainstream brand devices that I've looked at:

SJ4000

Full HD "Wave" action cam, china. https://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/Digital_Cameras-Camcorders/Sports_Action_Camcorders/1080P_Sports_Action_Camera_Wave_-_1.5_Inch_Display_30M_Waterproof_G-sensor_Touch_Button_4_Mounts_4x_Digital_Zoom/ - G-sensor sounds like a cool feature on this one.

The "cheapie" with all features - http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/158737327/Wi_Fi_Waterproof_Sport_Action_Camera_Full_HD_1080P_DV_DVR_with_Bike_Helmet_Mounts_5MP_Cam_Recorder.html

what do you look for in an action cam and is there anything I need to pay attention to? I would mostly use it on rides.

Thanks.

This might be a bit late, but to all the new Sony Action Cam owners;

Enjoy, it's an awesome little piece of kit that easily stacks up to most GoPro's.

The "HandyCam" cradle/accessory is awesome too.

Warning though, the Sony bike mount and quick release mounts are k@k. Do yourself a favor and get a little converter so you can use GoPro mounts.

something like this:

post-9143-0-19364400-1409133347_thumb.jpg

Love the way all action cams refer anonymously to "another top brand". :w00t:

"The CamOne Infinity is thrilling the world with the same Ambarella processor used by another top brand".

Watched a video review of the SJ4000 and he repeatedly refers to the same.

Love the way all action cams refer anonymously to "another top brand". :w00t:

"The CamOne Infinity is thrilling the world with the same Ambarella processor used by another top brand".

Watched a video review of the SJ4000 and he repeatedly refers to the same.

I suppose it's a marketing tactic used by many brands in a strategy to be recognized with the leading brands ;)

Be that as it may, I was given this one to try out by a mate of mine, and I must be honest I love the little device... Quality is good, easy to use, and you get a sh*t load of brackets and stuff with the cam to mount it pretty much anywhere

Handlebar mount is not included, so buy one. looks okayish, has image stabilization which the GoPro doesn't. From reviews it's got good battery life, good image quality, not quite GoPro level but good. And a horrible menu and button layout. But the smartphone app apparently fixes it. Hell for R1000 bucks I'll risk it.

120 left and dropping :)

R1000 so gutted I missed out on this. Please give feedback on what the quality is like it looks like a good alternative to those of us that can't justify dropping a good portion of a salary on a Hero.

I suppose it's a marketing tactic used by many brands in a strategy to be recognized with the leading brands ;)

Be that as it may, I was given this one to try out by a mate of mine, and I must be honest I love the little device... Quality is good, easy to use, and you get a sh*t load of brackets and stuff with the cam to mount it pretty much anywhere

awesome, thanks for the feedback.

Archived