1x11 running cost

Chain-L

I am in the process of replacing chain, cassette, chainring on XX1 and it is damn expensive vs XX (using XT cassette and XT Chain). Any other worth while options that I can consider to make the maintenance cost cheaper on the 1x11 setup (wolftooth, XG1180 cassette, KMC chain)?

I bought the bike second hand and the parts were already worn, original owner did not change the chain, so it was unfortunately to late for just a chain swop.

Can any of you XX1 riders give me a prediction on the lifespan of an XX1 cassette if I do a regular chain swap?

unless you go for X1 instead of XX1 or XO1..

Its still not SUPER cheap but its way more affordable than others.

I am considering it, go back to XX grip shift. What chainring would you recommend....

I was also looking at the 11 speed XTR cassette (because it is cheaper), but the 11-40 is just not enough range for one ring and the riding I do.

Insuring you clean the unit after each ride properly and use a good lube the products lifespan is comparable toe 1x 10

unless you go for X1 instead of XX1 or XO1..

Its still not SUPER cheap but its way more affordable than others.

What is X1? I saw it somewhere the other day. Is that like the X9 of 1X11?

I am in the process of replacing chain, cassette, chainring on XX1 and it is damn expensive vs XX (using XT cassette and XT Chain). Any other worth while options that I can consider to make the maintenance cost cheaper on the 1x11 setup (wolftooth, XG1180 cassette, KMC chain)?

I bought the bike second hand and the parts were already worn, original owner did not change the chain, so it was unfortunately to late for just a chain swop.

Can any of you XX1 riders give me a prediction on the lifespan of an XX1 cassette if I do a regular chain swap?

I would be interested to hear what the costs of 1 x 11 after market are - it would be a front wide/narrow chain ring, cluster and chain ?

I have been wanting to do this conversion instead of a single speed on an HT frame and was wondering the costs?

Also durability - can one expect the front ring to last longer as there is no derailleur ?

Naas thanks .

Your website is usefull.

What do I have to change = spend on my back wheel Stans Race Gold currently running SRAM 2x10 .

With other words is the price of groupset as advertised the total cost of the conversion to 1 x 11 ?

Thanks

Agree - which is why I used the brackets! :D

Hey Naas, when are you getting more Wolf Tooth 42t for Sram Cassettes? Thanks.

Naas thanks .

Your website is usefull.

What do I have to change = spend on my back wheel Stans Race Gold currently running SRAM 2x10 .

With other words is the price of groupset as advertised the total cost of the conversion to 1 x 11 ?

Thanks

Depends - you do not have to take complete groupset but can add a Wolf Chainring to your Crankset and then just buy the X1 Shifter, RD,Cassette and Chain. Also you will need a 11spd "driver" or freehub body for your wheelset. Janos can workout a quote for you - you can mail him on Janos@evobikes.co.za. Alternatively a 1 x 10 option with just a Wolf or FRMChainring in front and Wolf or FRM Cassette adapter in the rear - cost about R2k.

Edited by Naas