Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

SONA and CTCT seeding on the same day? Please may there be electricity!!

Let's see who gets the biggest number of hits.... :ph34r:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if I'll be starting at 9:45 or 10:00 :wacko: The suspense isn't exactly killing me. :mellow:

I cant even imagine starting that late. By 11.30 I want to be in the Nedbank tent sipping a few cold ones. Thats the plan neway. 

I get butterflies in my stomach reading this thread.

That's what 6 months plus of early mornings and late afternoon training sessions will do to you when you consider the moment of the race is upon you eh!

Butterflies have a full explosion when my group is next to start and the annoucer says,

"Everybody say hoooooopla!!!!...... AND THEY'RE OFF!"

I cant even imagine starting that late. By 11.30 I want to be in the Nedbank tent sipping a few cold ones. Thats the plan neway. 

Will be there as well, easily distinguishable. I will be the one in Nedbank kit... Oh... wait... :whistling:   ;)

I wasn't that excited about the Argus, especially after last year when I had limited time to train for the Argus. This year the Argus has not been one of my big goals, I thought I would do it for the fun of it.

I've been commuting to work regularly and done two races.  I did a decent time on the 99er and suddenly the mind starts thinking "How can I maximise the training time left to the Argus?" or "Maybe, just maybe I can do a PB this year?" The excitement is all there again. I want to go ride now...

That's what 6 months plus of early mornings and late afternoon training sessions will do to you when you consider the moment of the race is upon you eh!

Butterflies have a full explosion when my group is next to start and the annoucer says,

"Everybody say hoooooopla!!!!...... AND THEY'RE OFF!"

Only an argus rider will understand WOOOOOOPLAAAAAA. I'v done it so many times and i'm not even from cape town so therefore my opinion is completely non bias-THIS IS THE BEST RACE EVER!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope the SMS and emails reach the correct people and nothing like the entry process bugger-up happens again.

SONA and CTCT seeding on the same day? Please may there be electricity!!

Split for Spoils really. Can't say which one to pick on 'Catch-Up' if I was forced to. Will it be TEARGAS and Telly or Biltong and Bicycle tonight? 

Lets hope the SMS and emails reach the correct people and nothing like the entry process bugger-up happens again.

Why would you want it any different? It's all part of the annual routine. The website link in your inbox won't work but you just copy and paste your ID in the link to be posted on this thread in a few hours.

Hi All

I'm new to the forum, hope my message is appropriate and to the point.

I recently injured my back. I started training again but to no avail, my back isn't recovering and I won't be able to ride the Argus in a month's time. I released my ticket for substitution yesterday. The substitution fee is R230 plus the price of my ticket (which is lower than the original price). 

If there are any people that are interested, please let me know.

Refer to the website below for info on the substitution entry:

http://www.cycletour.co.za/index.php/enter/substitutions/  

Kind regards,

David

Archived