Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Same with me.....

Funds reseverd by my bank. no confirmation email ......

Will wait a few minutes for the email......

SNAP!

VCS took me to a renew PPA membership page after processing for almost 2 minutes and not the usual reference number payment successful page.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like thehubsa's in sympathy is also crashing..

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at www.thehubsa.co.za Port 80

Just spoke to VCS: told me that their system is offline and I should try again in half an hour.

Asked about a refund on the money that was already taken off my account and was told to phone "the Argus".

Top notch company.

Actually, no, scratch that: bunch of clowns that shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard.

Same here, VCS timed out. But i can see payment has gone off my credit card, racetec still shows that i need to pay and when trying to call racetec the phone goes dead after 30 seconds of music.

Just spoke to VCS: told me that their system is offline and I should try again in half an hour.

Asked about a refund on the money that was already taken off my account and was told to phone "the Argus".

Top notch company.

Actually, no, scratch that: bunch of clowns that shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard.

+10000.  These guys are jokers.  Have been trying the past hour to get a payment through.  Even the Racetec call centre just drops my call after a minute.

Let's just say this process is an epic disaster. 

Racetec + VCS:  Get your house in order please.

PS:  I have also build a transaction system for payments, and if my system performed like this I would have been standing at a traffic light with a placard a long time ago.  Can't even handle what I guess is a spike of 10000 transactions per hour.

Emailed info@cycletour:

Thank you for your email, this is an automated reply.

If you have a query regarding your entry for the Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour, please note that we are experiencing problems with our communication link to our bank. As soon as we have resolved it we will re-open the entries. If you have previously tried to enter and had payment issues, we will contact you shortly via email.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust Race Office

Emailed queries@racetec.co.za:

Thank you for your email, this is an automated reply.

If you have a query regarding your entry for the Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour, please note that we are experiencing problems with our communication link to our bank. As soon as we have resolved it we will re-open the entries. If you have previously tried to enter and had payment issues, we will contact you shortly via email.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

The RaceTec Team

Looks like the same email :)

So my card was debited ....no email or payment confirmation ...just gonna leave it and see what happens .... Gonna dust of my bike and start riding .. :)

Lucky for me then that none of my payment attempts actually went through. No message from the bank and no confirmation email either.

Looks like every year they are "testing" the system without actualy improving it afterwards.

Update: So payment has now gone through. Keeping a copy of the confirmation screen as proof.

PS:  I have also build a transaction system for payments, and if my system performed like this I would have been standing at a traffic light with a placard a long time ago.  Can't even handle what I guess is a spike of 10000 transactions per hour.

Agreed. I've also built and designed payment systems and whoever designed this should be ashamed.

I guess they're too busy painting their faces, driving small tricycles and squeezing into small cars to look after their system properly.

My card has now been debited numerous times due to all the timeouts I've experienced... only started getting sms's about it after quite a number of tries.  :cursing:

So at least we now know what the 26 Sep annnouncement will be ...

----

Thanks to all PPA members for paying to Beta test our new entry system. Now that we've got it right at your expense, the rest of you can enter ...

----

:devil:

STUPID STUPID STUPID THEY DON'T WANT MY MONEY AND ARE WASTING MY TIME AND MESSING UP MY DAY :cursing: Will try again later like a good little sheep  :blush:

Entered and paid. Only took 90 minutes :cursing: . Only debitted the amount once, and I received confirmation email. Thats it boys. Time to dust off that old torture machine they call the road bike.

My card has now been debited numerous times due to all the timeouts I've experienced... only started getting sms's about it after quite a number of tries.  :cursing:

Same happened to me. Entry debited three times. And this for R800 as I entered for me and a second person. Sent the Cycletour team a mail requesting my refund of R1600. Will see if that ever happens.

Archived