Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Me, I'll be on my knobbles, riding with buddies starting around 08h00.

Make a day of it, maybe even stop for a Brekkie along the way.

I budgeted 3:30 for the ride, I'm gonna get my 3:30 out of it. :whistling:  :ph34r:

Hahaha, good philosophy! Doing the same thing, starting at 8:30 and cycling through from home to the start.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I budgeted 3:30 for the ride, I'm gonna get my 3:30 out of it. :whistling:  :ph34r:

We also dropped down to 8:18 with a buddy. Gonna make a day out of it. Swopped to mtb as well.

Hahaha, good philosophy! Doing the same thing, starting at 8:30 and cycling through from home to the start.

We are cycling from Brackenfell. Leaving at 5:45. if anyone wants to join the ride to town.

We are cycling from Brackenfell. Leaving at 5:45. if anyone wants to join the ride to town.

Thanks for the offer! Might be a tad early for me - I was planning on leaving about an hour later than that. Maybe see you on the way!

Thanks for the offer! Might be a tad early for me - I was planning on leaving about an hour later than that. Maybe see you on the way!

How long does it take to ride to Cape Town from Brackenfell via Boston, Parow, Goodwood, N7, Milnerton and the Bus lane into town? Would we still need to be an hour earlier in the shute?

Heather, myself and a bunch of friends doing a Ride for Adre from 4G. That's about the same time. What group are you planning on starting in dude?

Heather, myself and a bunch of friends doing a Ride for Adre from 4G. That's about the same time. What group are you planning on starting in dude?

08h02. Not sure what group that is .

08h02. Not sure what group that is .

Just behind us. Keep an eye out for us. We'll be hard to miss. We'll be wearing superhero outfits and have firemen hats on the handlebars of the bikes!

Note the start times change:

Please note that there has been a change to the start order for Sunday and it affects you.  The new order will be:
$ 6:15
% 6:17
# 6:22
1A/Vets 6:24
1C 6:27:30 as before and no change from there on.

How long does it take to ride to Cape Town from Brackenfell via Boston, Parow, Goodwood, N7, Milnerton and the Bus lane into town? Would we still need to be an hour earlier in the shute?

I'm not 100% sure, but from Welgemoed to the start chute is 30km, and its very, very flat. So if I take it easy I'll be there in about 1h15. planning to be there 30-40 min before the start, an hour seems a bit excessive under the current circumstances.

Why don't you rather go Brackenfell, Bostom, up Jip de Jager and over the hill to Panorama, Milnerton, and onto the cycle route? Might be safer than the N7.

Don't know if you know this site, but work out a route through here:

www.mapmyride.com

I am cycling into town from Plumstead if anyone wants to join, my start time is 07:15 so will leave around 06:00 but can leave earlier if guys want to join.

Was thinking of going over Constantia, Suikerbossie, Camps Bay but maybe best to leave those roads open for Rescue services, may just go all the way along main Road, or drop at Clairemont to Campground road, Liesbeek and then lower main, then onto Bus Route into town.

Main Road and Campground about the same time in, about 45 min easy riding

Archived