Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna ride, but I think the organizers should allow you to ask for a refund and not race.

The fact that this is not an option shows their money hungry intentions.

I'm all for the ride and so on, but I'm not getting what I paid for, and so...

just saying not hating

You are someone i never EVER want to meet. Think before you type.

What expenses have changed for the organisers?? 

what's the latest weather/wind prediction?

The weather topic has has now taken a back seat.

Looks a bit windy Sunday. My usual ride anyways...

You are someone i never EVER want to meet. Think before you type.

What expenses have changed for the organisers??

Ha ha. Agreed but he may have a hot girlfriend that is looking for a different boyfriend.

Some more silly questions about the tour:

The event magazine mentions an arrival time, besides the load and start times, but I can't find mine. Am I missing something? Also, do I need to use the specific harbor or mountain side entrances? Once again, there is no mention of it on my start card or email.

Can I easily bike to the start from Woodstock on Main Road?

.........Also, do I need to use the specific harbor or mountain side entrances? ..............

No, but it will make it a lot easier.

...................The event magazine mentions an arrival time, besides the load and start times, but I can't find mine. ...................

Sorry, can't help

Just looked at the road closures.  Does this now mean I will not be able to get to my usual parking spot at the V & A Waterfront via the N2/Hospital Bend onwards?  I see it will be closed inbound at the N4/Main Road turn-off.

I'm gonna ride, but I think the organizers should allow you to ask for a refund and not race.

The fact that this is not an option shows their money hungry intentions.

I'm all for the ride and so on, but I'm not getting what I paid for, and so...

just saying not hating

when you enter you accept the terms and conditions of entering. They have paid for the full road closure months in advance (and no, the City is not going to credit CTCTT, it is non-refundable), there will be extra costs to ensure safe passage through the CBD  with additional road closures. Most of the water points are sponsored, so again no real saving for the organizers. Things like chemical toilets, medics etc, would have deposits paid for the services, cancelling these 3 days before the event will mean that you would pay almost full price. My guesstimate is that by altering the route would mean additional cost, not a saving. 

If a cricket game rains out half way through and there is a NR, do you get your money back? If you are called off the golf course with 9 holes to play because of lightning does the club refund you for 9 holes? The answer on both counts is no. 

Just looked at the road closures.  Does this now mean I will not be able to get to my usual parking spot at the V & A Waterfront via the N2/Hospital Bend onwards?  I see it will be closed inbound at the N4/Main Road turn-off.

I think access by car to the start is going to be the biggest challenge on the day and might cause some heavy delays. For sure, once you're on the N1 into town, the only option to get to V&A or Greenpoint is via the Waterfront (otherwise you'd intersect the finish on Helen Suzman). I'm guessing but maybe the only access to town is on the N1 and hence from the N2 via the M5 (or back routes via Black River). Could be rather congested, and a bit of a detour coming from S Suburbs or Strand/Somerset West. 

My wife and I are considering cycling in from Melkbos (30km), doing the ride (48km), having a few beers in the hospitality tent, and then returning home again (108km in total). Should be a fun day out.

I am soooooo glad that I will be staying at the Hotel on St Georges (which is at the bottom of the ABSA building), which literally is about 250 meters from the start. No rush and planning where to park for me! :clap:

I'm thinking of riding in from Table View - wondering if there are going to be a few others on the road as I only start 8:26?

03:10 - 03:15

Looking at some of the pics from the fastest oke's in Group L (this years 2A the way I see it), race is fairly bunched up till about Muizenberg or so, possibly even Simonstown. And the latter parts (Chappies, Suikerbos) looks like a fairly open road.

I rode from "U" last year. Roads are very congested from there.

Group 2A

FrankB

Berry

Nazmo

CleatsnCleavage

Leaboy

Rince

Wannabe

Bianchisti

KenG

Just Jacques (with the big quads and kuite)

Hayseed

Hubbers gonna smash it.

#2548471Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Posted by Bianchisti on 14 February 2015 - 01:14 in Events

Where my 2A hubbers at? I shook of a cold this week. Looking for a joy ride. Hehe

I'm thinking of riding in from Table View - wondering if there are going to be a few others on the road as I only start 8:26?

There most def will be , Table view seems to be a popular suburb for accom. when it comes to the cycle tour

Just discovered that I have done 1 more Argus than I thought I did. Cool. I suppose after a while you lose track. Or the memory starts to go? Still cool. :)

Archived