Message on Garmin screen

JeffD

I saw this on the Runnersworld.co.uk website, perhaps it will work for you as well:http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/gear/garmin-fr60-message--ah02400-0000-aid02200-0000/185443.html "

Hi! Actually there seems to be a huge decoupling capacitor in the electronics. You can notice if you remove the battery and the display stays for several seconds for instance. I can understand if this capacitor must be discharged first before the device can start up properly. Garmin recommends to wait 24h in this case as it says in a different forum. I wanted to use my Garmin immediately though. So, I took some aluminium foil and short circuited the two battery contacts (in the center and at the rim of the battery compartment). Voila!

It came up with this strange message again but then only after a second it continued and asked me for my language. Admittedly, I repeated this procedure twice. But in principle short-circuiting the voltage supply is supposed to be the ultimate brute-force reset of any device.

All the other resets seem not to work when this problem arises after a battery replacement!

"

I had that a few years back. I cant remember how I sorted it but I think it involved installing a new battery and resetting it. Try both, one at a time

As Jaco stated.

Do a cold restart. Remove battery, wait, re-install.

If I remember correctly, those codes indicates the firmware version.

The cold restart worked for me

I had this issues on one watch and it went away when we put in a new battery. On the second one after fitting a new battery it still had an issue and we took it to Garmin who basically said we shouldn't have put in a new battery as its so complicated only they could do it....anyway we wound up getting a new watch as it was still under warranty.

I have done the trick of putting the battery in upside down/backwards which most of the time also resets watches/computers/HRM's, etc don't know if this is because it short circuited.