Postal Strike?

AJG

Stuff I ordered in Sept arrived yesterday at my local PO.

Just checked with the PO for my Sept 2014 parcel, still nothing :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked with the PO for my Sept 2014 parcel, still nothing :thumbdown:

same here mailed post office support and they have no record

Postal service sucks big time,i am fighting with wiggle for a refund on super record parts I haven't received yet.

same here mailed post office support and they have no record

Try calling 0860 111 502 - the hold is forever, but they traced my parcel and gave me the details to actually get it through.

I ordered stuff for W2W 2014 - and got it Thursday last week...ahem...

I phoned that number this morning and they have no record of my parcel, my name or the street address to which it was supposed to be sent to.

CRC advised in October 2014 that it was sent.

The PO guy suggested I claim non-delivery.

My parcel was sent 29/10/2014, and not in September 2014 as I said previously. 

What should I do now? The 2 small items were worth about R1000. One shifter and a set of grips. 

There is some one about to open an awesome pop up bike shop with all these spares! 

I've been waiting for an axle convertor from Spank that was sent by the factory. For some reason instead of courier all the way it's been couriered to SA and now has disappeared in to the SA PO system... tracking trail goes all the way to SA then 'Boom', big black hole and hasn't been seen since. 

Agents contacted me to apologies about the delay and said they've been waiting on a fork that arrived in the country in July!

Getting worked up now, still waiting for my CRC order, anybody else got anything ordered last year yet?

Same here mine was sent from crc on 31 Oct don't want to claim and then get original next week

I had an issue a few years ago when my stuff took 5 weeks.  I asked CRC if they could enquire into it and they fell over themselves to resend the package by courier.  I was only looking for a parcel number or something.

In the end both packages arrived within a few days of each other.  I asked CRC what I should do with the second one (which came by courier) and they said I should just reject it and it would go back to them.  The courier said: "No problem, it happens all the time".

Amazing good news for me: Both my new rear derailleur and hanger, from different shops in the UK, have arrived on the same day. I was fully expecting the worst after 2 months of no news when the delivery of similar items have taken as little as 5 days in the past.

I went to collect it from Cape Mail earlier, and was further surprised to find a fellow cyclist working behind the counter! I kid you not! He recognised the derailleur as a vintage Campy one and asked what bike it was for! :clap: That was the very last thing I expected today! Perhaps there is still hope for the Post Office after all?! 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning on ordering something from the States, the supplier will ship free via USPS but that means dealing with the SAPO.. I don't want to wait months for the package.. I think I'm better off them using a courier company? Or am I going to pay through my backside for that option? ( it's clothing)

.. I don't want to wait months for the package.. I think I'm better off them using a courier company? Or am I going to pay through my backside for that option? ( it's clothing)

Not only is there a hefty courier payment waiting .... also TAX is around 55% or so?

Good news, got my tyres that were despatched from CRC on 6 January 2015 last week Friday, so took 10 weeks by normal post. Nothing normal about that but still happy I got them.

Courier will be significantly more expensive, probably 5x the postage price. Duties on clothing is 45% I think, plus 15.4% vat.

I also had an order from CRC go missing. They sent a replacement, but without all the end of life kit that made up the bulk of the order. I got a crappy voucher which is worth nothing now with the exchange rate as it is.

Archived