Postal Strike?

AJG

The post office in Cape Town says there is a strike in Joburg that has been going on for two weeks. I have a CRC parcel at the Joburg International Mail centre. Tried looking online for info about the strike but there does not seem to be anything recent. Anyone else effected by this or know whats going on?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing about this strike in the news. I sold an item to a hubber a week or two ago. A couple of days after I sent the item, he contacted me and told me about the strike!

There is something fishy going on. :ph34r:

all orders i've placed recently have insisted on couriers and refuse to go via post. one day the post office is going to be totally obsolete and then they can strike over unemployment.

My last 2 parcels from CRC have taken a month to get here, so they have been on strike longer than 2 weeks!! What use to take 10-14 days normal post is now take 25-28 days.

My first order was the middle of July and only arrived towards the end of August

Yes I sent two parcels overnight to JHB last week Tues. The one parcel was only received yesterday only because the one buyer made a plan. What a waste of money for these buyers. Could've sent it snail mail rather.

Parcels from CRC get delivered to your door via EMS not the post office so you should still get your parcel

but EMS is still part of postal service i think...

Correct, unless you specify courier with CRC everything else comes by post

The post office in Cape Town says there is a strike in Joburg that has been going on for two weeks. I have a CRC parcel at the Joburg International Mail centre. Tried looking online for info about the strike but there does not seem to be anything recent. Anyone else effected by this or know whats going on?

Indeed. I ordered a light from Brad Lights 2 weeks ago, and he had to ship it via private courier to ensure I got the order. (he covered the difference in shipping cost too, no questions asked).

Archived