Granny Gear

feetup

Quite close, but not strictly the same. The one gives a ratio of 0.67 and the other 0.71, so close enough I would say.

Quite close, but not strictly the same. The one gives a ratio of 0.67 and the other 0.71, so close enough I would say.

thanks for those stats.

I feel better now about doing my conversion to 1x10 over the weekend :)

If you are putting a 42t on the back then you really should look at putting a 34t on the front, maybe a 32t if you really ride a lot of very big hills. With a 30t in front I think that you will be spinning out often.

If you are putting a 42t on the back then you really should look at putting a 34t on the front, maybe a 32t if you really ride a lot of very big hills. With a 30t in front I think that you will be spinning out often.

Agreed I have a 32T front and 40T rear and am looking to got 34T soon.

I am running a 30t with 11-36 cassette, Spin out on 36 km/h But i seem to not do that often and when you do spin out, it's normally doing tar riding. Cheapest option to do a 1x10 setup and still have a granny of some sorts :clap:

Yeah i do a lot of hills(stage races) but can always change should it really be necessary.I prefer the easier option to the cadence one :whistling: