Simple Diet changes vs Supplements

Jace

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, my buddy who is a cardiologist, says any high fat diet is just bad news!

Cardiologists also used to say eating margarine was good for you..... they don't say that anymore... hell, some of them even smoke... Realistically though - Low refined carb diets have a place in weight management, and you have to find what works for you.

I Started training in December and I have lost almost 30kg..I also struggle to lose weight, and I found the following worked for me. Breakfast: Small bowl of jungle oats, teaspoon butter...not margarine, real butter, little bit of honey. Lunch: Salad, fish or chicken breast or even a minute steak..Another option is provita with low fat cheese, a few olives. Supper: Meat and veggies works for me.. I found that even rye bread is no good for me, cut out rice and most starch..Drink a lot of water, no cold drinks. When I train I also only drink water. I try to ride at least 4 times per week, more than a hour on each ride. I also regularly eat fruit, occasional low fat yoghurt and skim milk...

By the way, my buddy who is a cardiologist, says any high fat diet is just bad news!

Yes the cario will say that, but based on what ??

Yes the cario will say that, but based on what ??

20 years of experience and studying. I"m happy to take his advice. To be fair though, he says that smoking is far worse than anything you do or don't eat.

I find things like green tea help to suppress the appetite. My problem is more volume than what I am eating, I like my food!

I put on weight at all the stage races I did, even berg and bush when it was over 40 degrees. The moment I do a hard cycle, all I want is food and lots of it.

I've found doing squad training is really helping. 40 min of high impact swimming and i'm finally shedding the kilo's.

I find things like green tea help to suppress the appetite. My problem is more volume than what I am eating, I like my food!

I put on weight at all the stage races I did, even berg and bush when it was over 40 degrees. The moment I do a hard cycle, all I want is food and lots of it.

I've found doing squad training is really helping. 40 min of high impact swimming and i'm finally shedding the kilo's.

When I get the hunger pangs, I just drink water. Lots of it. I try fill my stomach so that I don't feel hungry. I also drink a glass of water before eating and another while eating. Dieticians used to frown on this, now suddenly they are advocating it.

When I get the hunger pangs, I just drink water. Lots of it. I try fill my stomach so that I don't feel hungry. I also drink a glass of water before eating and another while eating. Dieticians used to frown on this, now suddenly they are advocating it.

You should actually rather eat something healthy, remember if you are hungry your body needs food. Just have a healthy snack, because that also increases your metabolism..

I am training for the k2c and wines2whales. On saturdays we average 80 km rides. Tuesdays and thursdays it is intervals or 30 km high pace. I just started training for the fish river canoe marathon, and that happen on mondays and wednesdays.

I am 1.77 and weighed 77kg. I bought a usn muscle fuel as an extra meal because I lost 1 kg in about a week.

I believe recreational cyclists should do some upper body workouts as well. Especially core workouts. Long distance cycling does not burn my belly fat. Standing intervals and rowing does.

My 2cents

One more thing, I believe in apples. At around 11 the hunger pangs hit me,I have a bag of apples in my office and will eat one and around 15:00 I eat another one. They are low gi and I feel more energetic after an apple.

Month to go.......loose 4 now......and enjoy your B&B, all of it.......even the late nite chats and recreational chemical recovery sessions.

Edited by BarHugger

20 years of experience and studying. I"m happy to take his advice. To be fair though, he says that smoking is far worse than anything you do or don't eat.

And Tim Noakes says that he will stand in Court now and proof that there is NO relation between Cholesterol and Heart problems.....

20 Years they seem to have been studying the wrong stuff

And Tim Noakes says that he will stand in Court now and proof that there is NO relation between Cholesterol and Heart problems.....

20 Years they seem to have been studying the wrong stuff

Give its some time....And Noakes will bring out the McDonalds diet.....and make another couple of mil on book sales!

Ever-changing theory....

Give its some time....And Noakes will bring out the McDonalds diet.....and make another couple of mil on book sales!

Ever-changing theory....

So why do we then still believe what doctors said 20 years ago...

AND why has no one challenged him with PROOF that he is talking nonsense?