2015 Giant Reign 2 availability?

Brawler

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few questions:

1.  Where do you buy the Giant Reign 2 (2014) in SA?

2   The cost?

3.  When does the 2015 model (price?) land?

It really looks like the best bang for your bike + all the positive reviews.   :thumbup:

I don't get it... :ph34r:  it's just a plain old Giant after all. What's so special about it, the affordable price v.s spec. v.s performance.... I've never had any attraction to a Giant...

A few questions:

1.  Where do you buy the Giant Reign 2 (2014) in SA?

2   The cost?

3.  When does the 2015 model (price?) land?

It really looks like the best bang for your bike + all the positive reviews.   :thumbup:

1. There was no 2014 Reign. That gap was temporarily filled by the Trance SX. Reigns that have been available and bought have been the 2015 model. You can buy from your nearest Giant dealer
  2. Adv 1 R54,995 | Reign 2: R35,495
  3. Next shipment landing 2nd week in Dec

Only way you'll be able to get your hands on one is if you're LBS booked one that hasn't been sold already. Every single one coming in on the next shipment has been booked. (Unless someone is looking for a Med Adv 1 - then chat to me  :ph34r: ).

Next shipment due in Jan / Feb. Best get your pre-order in.

I don't get it... :ph34r:  it's just a plain old Giant after all. What's so special about it, the affordable price v.s spec. v.s performance.... I've never had any attraction to a Giant...

Dude, you kidding!

Its a cracker of a bike at a great price. Everything from development to design to spec to pedigree and brand speak for themelves. Not to mention local after sales service. Full Deore (bulletproof), DebonAir rear, custom offset Pike up front, wide bars, dropper post, massive brakes! I'm the worst money waster when it comes to fiddling with bikes, and there is nothing i will change on this one until its worn out!

People are under the impression that longer travel "enduro" bikes are dime a dozen, but in reality, they hens teeth! I challenge anyone to build or buy a better bike at the same specs for under 50k. I did the exercise, and its not happening!

I took delivery of mine yesterday, and it is awesome! I am not sure that I'll change anything except the saddle.

I took delivery of mine yesterday, and it is awesome! I am not sure that I'll change anything except the saddle.

Pics or it didn't happen...

Congrats man. 2 months in and mine I'm still super happy with mine. Can't get over how well it climbs for what it is and the suspension is so damn good. The only suspension that I have ridden which has felt the same was on a R100k 650b Nomad C. Even the Monarch Debonair RC is holding its own now that it is set up properly.

The bike gets a ton of attention at the trails so be prepared to offer test rides and answer questions :P

Only thing to keep an eye on is the rims, it seems the rim wall bends quite easily as I have bent mine slightly and there are a few guys complaining online. They are still true as day one though, just the walls seem weak. I will likely upgrade them to Flow EX on Hope in Jan or Feb.

Hey there

Fairly new to the hub, but have been browsing it for quite some time, especially this thread. Been contemplating getting a Reign 2 for some time, but am concerned about the sizing, as i will more than likely have to order one and obviously don't want to get the wrong size. Im 182cm so thinking medium or large. Would like to know if anyone in Cape Town is willing to let me swing by and check out the size on their medium or large Reign and get a better look at the overall bike, as well as a users perspective on the bike, I stay in Bergvliet fyi.

Hey there

Fairly new to the hub, but have been browsing it for quite some time, especially this thread. Been contemplating getting a Reign 2 for some time, but am concerned about the sizing, as i will more than likely have to order one and obviously don't want to get the wrong size. Im 182cm so thinking medium or large. Would like to know if anyone in Cape Town is willing to let me swing by and check out the size on their medium or large Reign and get a better look at the overall bike, as well as a users perspective on the bike, I stay in Bergvliet fyi.

yo, I'm in Rondebosch. You can come check my large out if you like.

Hey cpt armpies mayhem, that's what i was thinking, although obviously when you dropping that kinda cash you just want to be 100% sure.

Brawler, thanks alot, i have sent you a pm.

Congrats man. 2 months in and mine I'm still super happy with mine. Can't get over how well it climbs for what it is and the suspension is so damn good. The only suspension that I have ridden which has felt the same was on a R100k 650b Nomad C. Even the Monarch Debonair RC is holding its own now that it is set up properly.

The bike gets a ton of attention at the trails so be prepared to offer test rides and answer questions :P

Only thing to keep an eye on is the rims, it seems the rim wall bends quite easily as I have bent mine slightly and there are a few guys complaining online. They are still true as day one though, just the walls seem weak. I will likely upgrade them to Flow EX on Hope in Jan or Feb.

I have just messed around in my garden with it so far, but pretty stoked with how it feels.

Just one thing - the compression knob on top of the fork suggests that it will go all the way to lockout, but my fork is nowhere close. Is that normal?

I have just messed around in my garden with it so far, but pretty stoked with how it feels.

Just one thing - the compression knob on top of the fork suggests that it will go all the way to lockout, but my fork is nowhere close. Is that normal?

Mine doesn't lock out completely but it firms up so that it doesn't move at all while peddling unless I hit a rock or something or try and compress it.

Archived