2014 UCI Road World Championships Ponferrada

jcza

Poland are down to seven riders on the front of the bunch. Froome is at the back of the bunch, his style of riding easy to pick out from the CN blimp.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just over 100km to go and Poland push on the long descent. The gap to the four man break loses another minute.

There is a contingent of GB riders at the back of the field with Froome at the centre of them. Swift is their leader for the day but no sign of him at the back, so he should be safely tucked in the middle of the bunch. In that last the peloton took two minutes off the leaders.

Only Savickas is able to still climb in the big ring, with the rest of the break dropping down to a more comfortable gear.

1⃣0⃣0⃣

The four leaders are on the long climb, their lead at 8:20 with 100km to go.

Only Savickas is able to still climb in the big ring, with the rest of the break dropping down to a more comfortable gear.

The peloton climb and there's more urgency in the field. Uran, Impey, Dan Martin all near the back of the pack as the four leaders reach the Mirador.

Ironic

Sad

????

Sadly there are reports that the Norwegian national coach has been taken to hospital after the team car in the race went off the road.

The break is on the way out of Ponferrada, passing the second feed zone on the circuit. The four riders look tired after being out from for more than 100km.

Archived