Garmin/NavWorld - World class service

Spirog

So, my Garmin Edge 510 developed an erratic error when I was updating info to Strava etc.

I popped into NavWorld in Centurion and they had a look. Ten minutes later I was on my way back to the office with a brand new device. The USB was loose and they sorted it out with an direct exchange. No messing around with a technician and a repair. 

World-class service. Whichever device I require (read want) next, will be a Garmin. I'm a loyal fan for life. :clap:

had an issue with my Garmin Vector pedals a month ago,took the pedals to Navworld and walked out with a new set.

Was a pleasure dealing with the guys there...

Same experience here, erratic error on my garmin 510 with it hanging, they replaced the unit with a full performance pack. I asked did they not make a mistake as I had only brought the garmin itself, but they said they had not, so now have an extra heart rate monitor and cadence meter plus all the other goodies.

Garmin has by far the best warranty policy in the world. If it's broke, they fix, swop or offer trade/upgrade option. Even if the device was not purchased in SA.

As opposed to Apple, I take an Apple iPhone 5 to iStore for "official" button/battery recall, they do take the phone, send it away to workshop, then sends back to iStore to tell me it has to go to Vodacom. Ffs it's a global recall, their website confirms my serial number..

Is there one in the Johannesburg area?

They used to be in Honeydew now moved to Strijdompark in Randburg. If I remember correctly corner of Malibongwe and Hammer

They used to be in Honeydew now moved to Strijdompark in Randburg. If I remember correctly corner of Malibongwe and Hammer

Thanks, need to take a drive there ....

Best service ever from these guys. I've had 2-3 issues with my garmin 310xt. And each time they've given me a new unit. No questions. The last time I was there my strap and broken and they took one off a brand new unit and gave it to me for free. Brilliant service.

Exact same service here in Cape Town, HR strap went a bit crazy, new one no questions asked! I have since bought a fenix2 and some extra bits and pieces.

Won't buy anything else if I can buy a garmin

I think its great, I have said it before and will continue saying it, Garmin has the best customer service levels of any company I have had dealings with in SA, always a pleasure to deal with them.

Unfortunately, SA customers have for years experienced, and still continue to experience, ABSOLUTELY atrocious service levels from suppliers across the board, something suppliers here in the USA would simply never get away with, and consequently this high level of service is simply standard here across all levels of retail.

Its great Garmin has brought their USA service levels to South Africa. I think its the benchmark, and all other suppliers could do worse than taking a leaf out of Garmin's book.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived