Purist or Poser?

"Stevens"

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever I see someone riding with a saddle bag the first word that comes to mind is..... Pfffffff "rookie"!

Whenever I see someone riding with a saddle bag the first word that comes to mind is..... Pfffffff "rookie"!

How long you been riding kenda?

I like gadgets, last time I rode I had 3 computers (1 on the stem, 1 on the handle bar and 1 on my wrist), a saddle bag under my saddle and my iPhone in my pocket.

Hi all.....I am a poser.......especially when a hot female cyclist pass me as if I am standing still......asem in, bors uit, friendly smile and greet......hold the pose......and then return to that dark and lonely suffering universe, slumped over the bar, sucking air.

post-41755-0-38210000-1412097170_thumb.jpg

How long you been riding kenda?

Professionally ?

No I'm kidding. Excluding riding as kid, I purchased my first decent bike with a saddle bag in 2008.

I like my bike with that clean stock look. No funny bags, mud guards or any other fancy pants stuff : )

Im kind of like this guy :

Professionally ?

No I'm kidding. Excluding riding as kid, I purchased my first decent bike with a saddle bag in 2008.

I like my bike with that clean stock look. No funny bags, mud guards or any other fancy pants stuff : )

Just wondering cos I've been riding since the mid 90s and I still have a saddle bag...so I must still be a noob!..or does that only apply to roadies? :P

Hi all.....I am a poser.......especially when a hot female cyclist pass me as if I am standing still......asem in, bors uit, friendly smile and greet......hold the pose......and then return to that dark and lonely suffering universe, slumped over the bar, sucking air.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

What about water bottle tucked strategically in your shorts??

Guest notmyname

I have a camelbak full of juice, tools and first aid goodies. That is all.

Cool topic

I definitely move with the times hey ^_^

Carbon and all the bling-bling

My moola

My pleasure

Who cares? :huh:

Ride your bike... LOTS. Where you want it.

Although wouldn't mind an ol vanilla coloured classic parked in the corner of my garage for those Sunday coffee rides. :ph34r:

I am over the carbon phase, way over it.

I dislike a computer on my bars because if I see how for I still have to go I get miff. I use Strava cause I ride the spruit often. I ride ss cause I can't afford to maintain a ds geared bike. When I ride I totally dig it. I like guys/girls riding their bikes.

So where do you keep your bombs and spare tubes if you dont have a saddle bag?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTI1NlgxMTg5/z/IRoAAOxyiklTlKn~/$_35.JPG

Guest notmyname

So where do you keep your bombs and spare tubes if you dont have a saddle bag?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTI1NlgxMTg5/z/IRoAAOxyiklTlKn~/$_35.JPG

Cool shirt.. steel is the bomb! ! So glad I have a steely in my stable.

sad some of these posts, do what makes u happy, if u worry about what other ppl think u got some real problems that have nothing to do with ur bike.

I highly recommend getting a life.

Archived