Nissan Trailseeker #5

corrie.kuilder

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My second half marathon .... eish. Hopefully there is no Everest at the end like Bundu Bash. :-)

If the route is the same as last year then you will end with a climb. But it's not that bad. It's a flat and fast route. Good fun!

You must do the marathon races....then they divide the climbs over a longer distance. :ph34r:  :whistling:

When do entries for this close?

Saw in a mail from Advendurance, that entries close 06:00 on the 27th of October.  But entries tend to get sold out earlier, especially on the popular distances like the Half Marathon

Entered the 40 Km , Lets see how it goes, have done a MTB race at Babbas lodge before that did not go to well due to Mechanical. First experience of a bigger MTB event.

I guess I will start at back and will take few events to get seeding to start a bit more to the front, have heard about bottlenecks in these races.

Routes have just been finalised.

Apologies for the lateness, things get a bit tricky here in town :)

In short routes Half & Full overlap first 12km (normal for as distance time gap is 45min) then for less than 1km they will join on a jeep track and split again only to join 1.5km from the finish.

Marathon is essentially the same route as 2013, with two 5km differences

Half is 50% new.

The routes won't be going along the R21 like they did for the past couple years as this had plenty congestion.

Routes available online:  :clap: 
http://www.mtbseries.co.za/trailseekerseries/trailseeker5

As always routes suffer from landowners, permissions and people that means that it could change before race day.  :mellow:  :ph34r:  :wacko: 

Believe it will be the best route we can offer you from this venue. ^_^ 
From next year we won't be fortunate to have access to some of the areas again with land developments etc. :thumbdown:  Look forward to a new better 2015! :thumbup:

As always routes suffer from landowners, permissions and people that means that it could change before race day.  :mellow:  :ph34r:  :wacko: 

From next year we won't be fortunate to have access to some of the areas again with land developments etc. :thumbdown:  Look forward to a new better 2015! :thumbup:

What is the total climbing for the marathon Wessel? Your site says its exactly 800m. Is that correct?

Hennie,

One day when I am smaller ... below 115KG I will give it a go :-)

Just keep going. Cycling will get you there fast. 

How tough is the marathon in terms of technical riding? Any tips for someone who is doing their fist mtb marathon?

Looks like a nice little climb at the end to finish you off for the day on both marathon and half :thumbup:

How tough is the marathon in terms of technical riding? Any tips for someone who is doing their fist mtb marathon?

Gooi mielies ou, gooi mielies. 

What is the total climbing for the marathon Wessel? Your site says its exactly 800m. Is that correct?

I recorded 678m of climbing last year so if the route is +- the same it can't be much different.

Not much technical sections. Some sandy jeep track but not a lot.

And a tunnel where you go underneath the highway..............but that's fun!

Just enjoy the ride and don't start off to hard. Just because its flat and fast does not mean it's easy.

Archived