There...I fixed it!

Warren_G

After my little lie-down at Rhodes Mem this weekend

10639599_10154698085880627_4826942246775

Close enough :whistling:

10689907_10154701031755627_9038421058933

I had to do the same thing...

I think they should make a nice plug with an allen fitting that expands and locks it in place...

Otherwise AMAZING grips...

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave it on the rack they said, it'll be fine they said...

http://36.media.tumblr.com/ae50cbc050ff4a369d6a47d6374c8d00/tumblr_nbsnfao5mU1tpahv4o1_1280.png

That happened to me.... borrowed a mate's carbon road bike to do Amashova. On the way to drop it off after the ride I got rear ended by a pensioner not pay8ng attention. R27k damage to the bike and R15k to my Double Cab including a bent chassis arm... I no longer borrow bikes.

At least they are Italian dials....

How can you tell? Its from a diesel with that low redline and the Italians aren't very big on diesel.

Didn't get a pic, but:

Went cycling with some friends on the Spruit, the one friend fell and his brake lever seems to have pulled out from the "master cylinder", needless to say we don't take sir-clip pliers along on a ride. After a bit of faffing we found that the elastic around a tube did a good enough job to keep the lever in its intended position which held up well for another 20km.

Made a lower headset seal for my FSA headset from a toilet cistern outlet seal.

Was the only thing I had in the garage that was even close to the right size!

post-53371-0-94930800-1419239681_thumb.jpg

The upper seal was a bit more tricky as a standard o-ring is a bit too thick.  Lucky for me, I had just serviced my rear shock and one of the seals for the air chamber fitted perfectly.  Cleaned it up, chucked it in, and presto - fully sealed headset for no bucks at all.

Must produce a photo or it never happened!  

Introducing the toilet seal headset.   :whistling:  :nuke:

post-53371-0-17208000-1419320538_thumb.jpg

Still can't believe that Trek would sell a bike in this class with an open cage bearing headset.  I'm amazed that the bearing lasted 18 months without damage - the bike got hammered and washed like a zillion times, and I always spray water up the headset tube area to clear out the mud!

Edited by GreatGusto