Cyclist in a serious condition after being hit by a taxi in PMB

yolpret

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there when it happened,his shoe flew over 10mtr in the air and in the wash bay by the petrol station,the taxi that hit him was a Mercedes Sprinter. He smashed the windscreen and dented part of the roof and went straight over. Not the way I wanted to see my Amashova race start off.

Wish the man a speedy recovery.

A little off topic but it seems not only taxi's are to blame for the carnage on our roads,it seems that "cyclists" also think they can drive as they want and all will be fine. overtaking two vehicles at a time on a double white, around a bend between Knysna and Plett....i have words for this idiot but can't say them here.

but it has something to do with his MA.

You must be seriously passionate about cycling to still be riding at 71.

Amazing. I believe that a guy with such spirit will pull through so he can ride again.

Is there a report? The link is not working.

I wish him and his family all the best.

Cherise Stander tweeted that her brother was hit from behind today and is in hospital. No further details but she wished him well so lets hope its not serious. 

Marius, did this happen during the Amashova race or beforehand when cycling to the start?

Sad news. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Shame, a Ballie that old getting hit that severely hardly ever recovers properly, that is a really nasty crash. Hope he makes it through. How the heck did he end up head on with a mini bus, did it turn in front of him?

His name was Ronnie Mansel. Close friend of my father and fellow member of bluff cycling. Passed away today at 11h50 at grays hospital. Wasn't his first amashova and also has multiple comrades marathons under the belt. For those who knew him and those that didn't may he forever be in our hearts.

Aah no rip Ronnie. Does anyone know where this happened and the circumstances? Was it part off the race?

Aah no rip Ronnie. Does anyone know where this happened and the circumstances? Was it part off the race?

The Engen garage at Collegians club opposite Woodburn. 

Archived