What is your favourite shop in Cape Town?

MarickH

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For complete bikes... cycle factory in montague gardens, for parts Chris willemse !! For "deals" online shopping (Merlin cycles, Chain reaction, Bike24, wiggle, Evans cycles) etc. Online is worth it if you buy alot... but for the once offs ... local is ...eeeemmm... ok

+ 1  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Ask for Julian to work on your bike.

Just be careful of Pieter, he will want to try and convert you to become a roadie!! :whistling:

Thanks for the mention!

Anyone but CWC in Tygervalley. Bunch of chops working there. Wanted to buy a 26" tyre. Salesman told me 26" has been discontinued.

Anyone but CWC in Tygervalley. Bunch of chops working there. Wanted to buy a 26" tyre. Salesman told me 26" has been discontinued.

LOL, and the next round of shops saying, "support local..." begins

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as this thread is still going - from personal experience;

S/West - William is your go-to guy. 'nuf said.

S/burbs - Epic Bike Shop - Nev and Lancealot know their stuff! Better than me too sadly. LOL!

N/burbs - Cyclosport is good for spares (and they are almost guaranteed to have what you are looking for), CWC has a bunch of laaities there that don't have a cooking clue, Cyclefunatics (Durbanville) and Geco Cycles (Cape Gate) are pretty good too.

I have bought shoes from Olympic on one of their awesome sales (when I worked in Claremont), but Franschhoek is a little far these days. Paarl based I would say Cycle4Life or Cornerstone Cycles - I have only browsed there though.

Online I buy from either CWC or evobikes.co.za

Revolution Cycles - I walked in there with my girlfriend to look at the bike that was my third choice and ended up walking out with that bike. Friendly, well-informed staff that make it difficult to dislike the brand.

Otherwise Mark at Crown for solid service time after time.

Olympics for their range of products.

Nils at Woodstock Cycleworks if you're a bike nutter.

And BMC if you want someone to fix something that everyone else says can't be fixed.

Where is Zion Bikes?

Bibi on the hub or visit his site get his phone number and give him a call. His site is still under construction. 

In Somerset West its got to be Triggerfish, especially when they have Black Marlin on tap. When they don't have that, my second favourite shop is...TRIGGERFISH for their Titan IPA. (I like hoppy beer :blush:)

LBS = Outdoor Escape in Stellenbosch.

• 3 months later...

After splitting hairs over a bike ... the service received won the battle ... Geco Cycles in Durbanville ... Fantastic Service 

Archived