Mielie meel Pap

I recently stopped at Dassiesfontein on the N2 for breakfast - has some very nice "mielie meel pap" - used to have it when I grew up. Anyone eating mielie meel pap instead of oats before a race or training? :ph34r:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yip. It's a nice change from oats. I use the yellow mielie meal. Great taste! Normal Ace if I can't get the yellow.

I thought about it but mielie meel pap is high gi. Secondly It doesn not have the nutritional value that oats and meusli have.

I thought about it but mielie meel pap is high gi. Secondly It doesn not have the nutritional value that oats and meusli have.

And most of it is genetically modified maize :(

Had me a bowl of krummelpap this morning. Nice!!

But can feel the high gi. Was full and by 10:00 I qas hungry again. It does not happen with oats.

Had me a bowl of krummelpap this morning. Nice!!

But can feel the high gi. Was full and by 10:00 I qas hungry again. It does not happen with oats.

That's true - do you recommend the oats in the sachets?

That's true - do you recommend the oats in the sachets?

No. I am old school. I only buy tiger in the 1kg box. Get up earlier and do it on the stovetop. Not the micro.

No. I am old school. I only buy tiger in the 1kg box. Get up earlier and do it on the stovetop. Not the micro.

Thanks - will beg the missus to help me! :mellow:

Why not micro? Taste reasons?

Yes. I believe it tastes better that way. But it might be in my mind only[emoji4]

love mielie pap but for race day outs and honey......longlasting energy.....mielie pap is gone very quikly

"Outs" biejoetiefoel.

I actually joked with my Wife then girlfriend that I am not marrying a woman that can't make mieliepap. Both of us have our days with it but got married anyway and actually together sort of got it under the knee lately.

Just saying but I get mieliepap texture with Futurelife, that granular texture.

I do carbs only on race days and in between and on training days when I exceed a threshold where I need to replenish my energy levels. But when I have more than one off days or just do normal training that do not push my limits I skip carbs / starch altogether

Do you guys know if there is any differnce in nutrional value of oats when cooked on stove or when it is cooked in microwave?

I down a Black Label before a race. Dont need pap

Put it in your Camelbak. After about 5 kaysYou don't even need to suck, just bite the valve and that golden nectar just gushed down your throat  :thumbup:

Archived