Trans Baviaans 2015

hboli4

Anybody have an idea as to how long it takes to get from Willowmore to Checkpoint 5 for a Support Driver?
Wondering if they have enough time to get from Willowmore to J-Bay and then Komdomo in time?
Thx

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have an idea as to how long it takes to get from Willowmore to Checkpoint 5 for a Support Driver?

Wondering if they have enough time to get from Willowmore to J-Bay and then Komdomo in time?

Thx

Definitely yes, they must just make sure they take the R62 road from Willowmore towards Jbay. They do have to drive back towards George but then they take the R62 turn off, no need to drive back all the way to George.

Timewise I'm not sure, but I have been support driver for 3 years and there definately is enough time, we normally even go for lunch in Patensie as well.

Edited by BSG

Come and support these guys! Taken from Facebook

post-14677-0-42561300-1435221658_thumb.jpg

Jakkals & Sitbok Maak hulle Harte Oop

Jakkals (Jacques Herselman van Dirk Ellis Volkswagen) en Sitbok (Kevin Taljaard van Two Wheels Trading) het besluit om hulle Trans Baviaans op te dra aan Amore Compaan Du Toit om fondse in te samel om haar te kan help Glimlag.
Amore is gebore met n erge ortodontiese gebreke en gewone glimlag wat vir ons as van self sprekend kom is nie vir haar nie.
Gaan lees meer haar storie http://compaandutoit.co.za/?p=54
Hierdie operasies kos n fortuin en mense van heinde en verre het al hulle harte oop gemaak teenoor hierdie pragtige blonde kop dogtertjie.

So Jakkals en Sitbok het besluit as plaaslike ryers van Jeffreysbaai moet hulle ook ietsie doen.
Met net bietjie meer as 50 dae tot die jaarlikse Trans Baviaans Bergfiets wedren het hulle besluit om deur middel van die Jaarlikse Bergfiets wedren geld in te samel vir Amore 
Na verlede jaar wat beide hulle spanmaats siek geword het op die roete het hulle die 2014 Trans Baviaans saam klaar gemaak in n tyd van 12:10.
Daardie aand het die twee besluit om 2015 se Trans Baviaans saam aan te durf as span\
Jakkals & Sitbok.
Gaan hulle hulle tyd verbeter of versleg? Dit is vir jou om te besluit en dalk n prys los te slaan.

Loodjies gaan verkoop word @ slegs R20 per loodjie en die publiek kan dan raai hoe lank dit hulle gaan neem om vanjaar se 230km wat strek vanaf Willowmore oor die Baviaanskloof na Jeffreysbaai te ry. Julle is welkom om vir hulle te kom inwag by die Fountains Mall waar hulle sal klaar maak in n sekere tyd.
Die wenners sal Sondag die 16de Augustus bekend gemaak word.
Daar sal verseker pryse wees.
So koop n loodjie raai hulle tyd en maak n jong meisie se droom waar om vir die wereld te glimlag 
Vir verdere inligting kan ons gekontak word 
Yolanda Herselman – 082 894 1497
Elske Taljaard – 081 7122 967
Byvoorbaat dankie aan elkeen wat gaan deelneem, 
MAY THE BEST TIME WIN

Did another biggish one this Saturday. 125km from Durbanville to the top of Bainkloof pass and back.

if you are looking for dirt find someone who knows the farm trails around durbanville..windmill etc. Also head out from franschhoek over the pass then jeep track all the way to hermanus.

if you are looking for dirt find someone who knows the farm trails around durbanville..windmill etc. Also head out from franschhoek over the pass then jeep track all the way to hermanus.

At this point, it's just a matter of getting the kms in the legs rather than doing dirt. I do plenty gravel and trails when I can. Up to 6000km for the year already :)

Ai jai jai, I've been training really hard for this race. Hopefully I'll still be able to do this. I am going to see a dr on the 27th so hopefully she can do some magic and help me to get back on the bike quickly.

Well I saw the dr today and everything is a ok, seems that I've hurt some back muscles causing them to go into spasm. Dr reckons I'm 100% up for the task................I am just not too sure about the fitness level. [emoji33] [emoji6]

Quick question; how do you manage your lights throughout the ride? Most lights only give you about 6 hours of battery time so if you're pushing past 13 hours or so you could potentially run out of light.

Is the solution to buy another battery pack just for the race?

Quick question; how do you manage your lights throughout the ride? Most lights only give you about 6 hours of battery time so if you're pushing past 13 hours or so you could potentially run out of light.

Is the solution to buy another battery pack just for the race?

That is what most people advise, but one can also look at lights with replaceble batteries which you should have at different checkpoints along the road. Same will apply if you have an extra batterpack to just put it into one of the other checkpoint's boxes.

Hi guys. Will there be shower facilities at the finish?

In the past they used to finish @ the caravan park where the ablutions were open. Don't know now that they finish @ the mall.

Hi guys. Will there be shower facilities at the finish?

Did this ride in 2013 and 2014. Weren't any showers at the finish then.

Entry for team of 2 available for 15 August. R3300. Unfortunately not able to go any longer. Please PM me.

Strongs met die training almal, tyd raak min..

Did the Knysna 80km mtb yesterday, I hope that the Baviaans is nothing as technical because I was totally in my dinges in at the end. Starting to worry about the Baviaans now