The 36One MTB Challenge

TrailWarrior

Do you know if there is like an area where we can change clothes....just want to check otherwise the support at half way need to bring a towel for me to change behind...  :blush:  :whistling: he he he my cycling tan is currently a sight for sore eyes  :w00t:

Think I read that there will not be showers this year.... as it was not really utilised in the previous years. (I could be wrong)

From what I can remember at the halfway point there probably are places to hide behind and change. I had a bad case of halfway white line fever, and rode myself (and my partner) into the ground to get to the checkpoint. Once there, I was in my own little world - oblivious to everything and everyone around me. I do remember applying bum cream near the boerewors roll stand though, and getting some odd looks...

After 180kms, you'll be surprised where your priorities lie ;)

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I can remember at the halfway point there probably are places to hide behind and change. I had a bad case of halfway white line fever, and rode myself (and my partner) into the ground to get to the checkpoint. Once there, I was in my own little world - oblivious to everything and everyone around me. I do remember applying bum cream near the boerewors roll stand though, and getting some odd looks...

you possibly even put some cream on your boerie roll and did not even realise - hence the funny looks - that or you were just putting cream with it ALL hanging out

"As hulle wil kyk, moet hulle ma kyk"

Dont know about the data, but your gps positioning needs to be on and that drains phone energy. I am riding with an Amped charger that will charge my Cycleops Joule while I am riding. (when required) While training the charger took 1 hour to charge my battery of the Joule to full and I will probably get about 3 charges out of it for my gps. (Best I can use it for my phone also)

The guys previously said that Garmin can not be charged while riding. (go check the earlier posts on this thread)

After doing all the necessary "tests", I can say that YES, my Garmin does charge while recording an activity. And also another YES to the fact that Strava records while mobile data is switched off. Awesome stuff!! Thanks again to all those techno junkies out there!!

Had a ride up Swartberg Pass this morning altitude hurt the Coastal Rats but went well.It is COOKING in Oudtshoorn

from facebook

The Dryland Event Management route team is currently busy with the route marking. Reports coming in is that the road surface on the first quarter of the race is very good, but very dusty. The rain expected in the next couple of days will help in this regard. Will keep you posted!

So it is race week,to everybody traveling be safe!!

Morning... buddy what is the weather like today?

Has it been raining hard or just drizzling?

What is the terrain looking like up and down Swartberg?

Is it very very muddy?

Thanks buddy..

you possibly even put some cream on your boerie roll and did not even realise - hence the funny looks - that or you were just putting cream with it ALL hanging out

Probably explains why I know what bum cream tastes like, and why I have flashbacks to the halfway point every time I open the bum cream container.

I'm a bit worried - went on a 3 hours tempo ride yesterday and popped spectacularly after 2 hours. I had to stop for a coke and chocolate just to get home. Thankfully the water points at 36One are less than 2 hours apart!

The weather in Oudtshoorn still hot and dry still waiting for the front to arrive.looking as if it will arrive Tuesday evening late

The weather in Oudtshoorn still hot and dry still waiting for the front to arrive.looking as if it will arrive Tuesday evening late

what front the freedom front?

Archived