Specialized (Epic Comp Carbon vs Epic Comp Elite)

Guest TheEpicOne

Guest TheEpicOne

Hi there

Please give your thoughts on the bove mentioned bikes??? I'm used to the geo of Scott Spark but it's time for a change!!!

Your help will be appreciated.

Cheerio

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Major difference is the brain on the front fork for the Elite. I have a Comp Carbon and am very happy. Couldn't justify the R20k difference for what I considered not much. For R20k I can do some serious component upgrades.

Guest TheEpicOne

Major difference is the brain on the front fork for the Elite. I have a Comp Carbon and am very happy. Couldn't justify the R20k difference for what I considered not much. For R20k I can do some serious component upgrades.

I'm used to Shimano XT components, not familiar with SRAM, so how is the components on the Comp Carbon as if I understand correctly SRAM X9 (on the Elite) is equivalent to XT???

A good crowns of mine has a Camber and I ride it from time to time. I just cannot get used to the trail geometry. I've been riding XC bikes for so long they just feel right. I feel cramped on a Camber. I am 6'2" though.

I had XT on the bike before my Elite. My Elite has SRAM X0 derailleurs and X9 shifters. Must say that I far prefer the SRAM (never thought I would), especially in muddy conditions. They just keep shifting perfectly.

The X0 is supposed to be XTR equivalent.

I had XT on the bike before my Elite. My Elite has SRAM X0 derailleurs and X9 shifters. Must say that I far prefer the SRAM (never thought I would), especially in muddy conditions. They just keep shifting perfectly.

The XX  X0 is supposed to be XTR equivalent.

I also thought XX = XTR. But views from complete cyclist, bike forum and singletrack all say:

Here is a break down.

Sram XO - Shimano XTR

Sram X9 - Shimano XT

Sram X7 - Shimano LX

Sram X5 - Shimano Deore

I also thought XX = XTR. But views from complete cyclist, bike forum and singletrack all say:

Here is a break down.

Sram XO - Shimano XTR

Sram X9 - Shimano XT

Sram X7 - Shimano LX

Sram X5 - Shimano Deore

XX - XTR

XO - XT

X9 - LX

X7 - Deore

X5 - Alivio

Tell bike forum and single track they are a bunch of dumb Dip$h!ts.

The quality difference between XO and XX is negligible .

The X0 is supposed to be XTR equivalent.

I also prefer SRAM now, especially in mud. You absolutely right.

XX - XTR

XO - XT

X9 - LX

X7 - Deore

X5 - Alivio

Tell bike forum and single track they are a bunch of dumb Dip$h!ts.

The quality difference between XO and XX is negligible .

XO is def a step above xt.  When you buy a xt groupset you dont get a carbon crank, where with X0 you do. 

XO is def a step above xt. When you buy a xt groupset you dont get a carbon crank, where with X0 you do.

Oh yes, the carbon crank puts it way above ,I forgot.