Groenkloof

Natashap

Oh okay I thought fountains was when you in groenkloof and you turn left. Where you have to sign documents by the security to ride the left side section

Oh okay I thought fountains was when you in groenkloof and you turn left. Where you have to sign documents by the security to ride the left side section

Yip that is fountains

Voortrekker Monument was always a "marked route" but fell into a state of disrepair, are they repairing it?

Please elaborate on the Groenkloof security issues I ride there often and I am unaware of anything over the last month.

XCOSA is taking onwership of the routes at Voortrekker Monument.

Last Saturday a family was robbed at Groenkloof - check the PRETORIA East MTB  Facebook page

"The Bester family of 3 were robbed this morning @ 11h00 from their personal belongings in the Groenkloof Nature Reserve while cycling near the Fountains circle. We have posted guards to patrol the area and they will be on site for the weekend. The family is oky but shaken up from the bad ordeal."

XCOSA is taking onwership of the routes at Voortrekker Monument.

Last Saturday a family was robbed at Groenkloof - check the PRETORIA East MTB  Facebook page

"The Bester family of 3 were robbed this morning @ 11h00 from their personal belongings in the Groenkloof Nature Reserve while cycling near the Fountains circle. We have posted guards to patrol the area and they will be on site for the weekend. The family is oky but shaken up from the bad ordeal."

Was it Groenkloof or Fountains circle?

Fountains is not properly fenced of and can be dodge I have picked up more than one persons emptied wallet there while riding and therefore dont ride there anymore if alone.

I do however run and ride 3-4 times a week at Groenkloof and (touch wood) have never seen someone there that does not belong there or looks like they want to harm me.

My personal experience of course.

Fountains and Groenkloof are separated by a security fence .but there are vagrants accessing fountains by cutting the fence under the bridge as the road from the circle makes a left turn .I have on several occasions made them aware of this ,but they have stopped fixing it as it became almost a daily occurrence to repair the fence ,even barbed security wire did not help .It seems they have given up on fountains .Moyo,s have closed so the criminal's have gotten the upper hand at fountains .I will not ride there alone or even in a group anymore .Groenkloof is still fine to ride

I was packing my bike into my car about 2 weeks ago after a ride at Groenkloof. A young rider approached me in shock asking if he could use my phone. They pushed him off his bike just after the wooden bridge area where you pass the garbage area. They stole his wallet and his cell phone. They then told him to sit down for 5 min till they are gone and to ride straight home.

I eventually took the guy home in my car. When leaving the Groenkloof manager stopped me and started questioning the incident. I got the impression that Groenkloof's response was pretty good. They immediately started searching for the suspects out side of Groenkloof.

I am of the opinion that the incidents in Groenkloof are the same opportunists... Lets hope they contain them quickly. The youngster who was mugged was riding a 2014 S WORKS EPIC.... They didn't take the bike.

I was packing my bike into my car about 2 weeks ago after a ride at Groenkloof. A young rider approached me in shock asking if he could use my phone. They pushed him off his bike just after the wooden bridge area where you pass the garbage area. They stole his wallet and his cell phone. They then told him to sit down for 5 min till they are gone and to ride straight home.

I eventually took the guy home in my car. When leaving the Groenkloof manager stopped me and started questioning the incident. I got the impression that Groenkloof's response was pretty good. They immediately started searching for the suspects out side of Groenkloof.

I am of the opinion that the incidents in Groenkloof are the same opportunists... Lets hope they contain them quickly. The youngster who was mugged was riding a 2014 S WORKS EPIC.... They didn't take the bike.

That is the incident we know about

I only rode groenkloof but started riding klapperkop on weekends, the morning there are alot of cyclists and feels much safer. I ride everywhere alone but around fountains i try to catch a group or just ride in close proximity.. not wheel hugging or anything.

There's been some negativity lately but seriously can't complain about riding in such an awesome place.

post-18513-1414827309,5036.jpg

Spotted this morning on the little koppie. Awesome

• 5 months later...

A little bit of fun at Groenkloof.

........and what about Onion Hill.......just a bit further????

Courteous bunch of Pretoria people........the Joheys Spruit folk.???..........(and makes like a duck)

Nice video footage........now to post some from Wolwespruit.

........and what about Onion Hill.......just a bit further????

Courteous bunch of Pretoria people........the Joheys Spruit folk.???..........(and makes like a duck)

Nice video footage........now to post some from Wolwespruit.

I am so slow up Onion that the battery would run flat, coming down is an entirely different matter so watch this space. As for Wolwespruit it all depends on whether my son can wrestle his Go Pro out of my grubby paws.

Archived