[Event] 2015 Ashburton Investments NATIONAL MTB SERIES #3 Clarens

WesselvdWalt

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know who the photographers were? I know they got a couple of picks of me which I'm very keen to see. One was at a water-crossing where i did not make it through the way I planned, pretty sure they snapped the pick when I was wearing the oh-crap face.

Incredible event. I love that race. Unreal scenery & trails!

3 cheers to the guy who pointed out a problem with my derailleur/chain.  I probably would have broken something, and ended up high & dry, (actually wet).  Def worth the time to fix and enjoy a trouble free ride. 

He must be a hubber.

Give that man a bells.

0 cheers to the 3 stooges in the Nedbank kit showboating at 2km/h down the final single track - just refusing to to let a faster rider pass, not if you ask nicely, not if there's space, even if they're walking obstacles. Really had to exercise restraint to not go mental and screw up their outing. Maybe first big race, still learning trail etiquette. 

Maybe not hubbers.

Give them a chance.

Otherwise, unbelievable experience.

Wonder why so many of us struggled with cramps? Seems to have been very common with this race. 

Don't know if this is good or bad news.

I also cannot figure it out. Cannot be the elevation since Jhb is also quite high (I live at about 1650m, highest point in the marathon was just over 2000m). It also was not that cold. Maybe its the fresh air!

I think it is because most of this race is on dirt-roads with a slight elevation. So it is easy to push yourself hard for a long period of time and if you are not use to it I think you will cramp.

Edited by David Truter

I can't access the entryninja site for the results. Anywhere else I can have a look? SAS is also not updated yet.

www.livetime.co.za

I can't access the entryninja site for the results. Anywhere else I can have a look? SAS is also not updated yet.

Great ride and also started with cramps, but backed of and sucked down loads of water and recovered for the last climb.

As for the guy pushing his bike, I was informed by a friend who gave him a lift back from the 60km water point, that he rebuilt his bike the pervious evening as the original frame broke. In the race his crank failed.

As for the other riders ""Kudos" . Decided to enjoy my first Clarens marathon and wow. The views were fantastic.

Garmin indicated 72,4 km and 1579m climbing. Other stats were Top Speed 61,7 km/hr, Average Speed 17,8 km/hr, Kal 3659 burnt.

On the last done hill we also got stuck behind an older rider who was far to cautions for me. He obliged my request and were he could moved over which opened up the experience of a lifetime.

Will be back

Lyk my my vinnige sand inspeksie op 11km het my toe meer tyd gekos as wat ek gedink het! En volgende keer sluk ek my trots en pak die 32T !!

Guest Travis.

My only gripe is that they didn't check which group you started in. Thus if you started later, they still took your original starting group of your time. Quite elementary really...

My only gripe is that they didn't check which group you started in. Thus if you started later, they still took your original starting group of your time. Quite elementary really...

Had that issue too even after reseeding

That's interesting. .. If you come late or ride below your weight you'd gain a few min.